Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mouse-over effect not working

I am trying to create a simple mouse-over effect (gray scale to color) using a logo and I cannot get it to work. I linked the mouse-off image to a page, created a new layer for the mouse-over effect and checked the "Show pop-up layer" in the Mouse-over dialog with the new layer selected, but when I preview in Xara or browser nothing changes. I have watched two video tutorials and both show that this is how it's done. What am I doing wrong?

Default Re: Mouse-over effect not working

Here is the file if anyone wants to take a look:
    Attached Files Attached Files

What version are you using? I previewed the file and it does transition to the popup layer for me with a The masters remastered header under the image.

Perhaps try to preview it in firefox or another browser to see if it's not Xara's preview that's bugging on you?

capn.

see if this is what you are after.

read the pop problems thread for more info.

nick

Why not just place the coloured copy in the Mouse Over layer? You don't need to specifiy any mouse over actions then and it's one less layer.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks everyone for all the helpful replies and file attachments. It seems the problem was with Xara's preview. I guess I could have checked in a browser first, but I'm new to XWD and still getting the hang of it. I assumed if it didn't work in the preview then it wouldn't work in a browser.

Lythium66, I'm using version 10 64bit, which I have found to be a little buggy. It's the only version I've ever used so I don't know if it's better or worse than v9, but it has crashed several times and other weird things happen (like the preview window). I hardly ever have problems with other graphic programs I use, so I consider it buggy. Hopefully the issues will be addressed and fixed in an update or patch. FYI, I have an Intel Core i7 870 with 16gb ram running Windows 7.

ngbris72, Your file worked great. Where is the "pop-up problems thread" located?

Egg, I tried using the Mouse Over layer but have never been able to get it to work in either the XARA preview or a browser. I'm still trying to figure out what the Mouse Over layer is good for

Quote Originally Posted by TheCapn View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out what the Mouse Over layer is good for
    Perhaps the chapter "Layers, Mouseover (Rollover) & Pop-ups" in the Help file can give you a better understanding of its function.

The mouseover layer will only show if the corresponding object in the mouseoff layer has a link attached. It is usual to select both object on both layers and apply a Soft Group so if you move one the other also moves.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg & ngbris72. I found out what I was doing wrong. I was not grouping as a "soft group". Now objects in the mouse-on layer work as intended. Sometimes it's the mundane details that getcha.