Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Lincoln City Football Club Badge

Hullo Everyone,

Plenty of good, and more importantly interesting, work has been posted recently.

I haven't had much time to 'play-design-draw' due to website work and other stuff, plus a lull in my 'muse' [I've not completed any drawing or painting either, can't explain it but it happens from time to time ] but here is something I was doodling and messing with recently.

Lincoln City FC a non-league (but fully professional I believe) football [soccer] club have recently gone back to their old style club badge and me being a sports logo nerd and fascinated by such things popped along to their website. They had it done for free.

Now I don't like to criticise any person's work but it looks horrible and basically and auto-trace of a photo of the original badge. So I wondered if I could do better whilst trying to keep to the original idea.

Basically I painstakingly hand traced elements of the photograph over the weeks when I felt like it. I 'think' I finished it today.

There was no reason for this...I'm just a bit weird.

Here are the results.

Cheers
    David
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lincoln City FC redesign - showcase.jpg 
Views:	3369 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	103155
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lincoln City 2014-15-StrovDesign.jpg 
Views:	4217 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	103156

Default Re: Lincoln City Football Club Badge

I much prefer your version David. I'd like to see the cleft foot above the Lincoln FC Banner though. I spend a lot of my spare time recreating crests etc, no reason, just fun.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Looks good but as there is banner to hide those sensitive places there is no real reason for the imp to keep the leg in ankward position.

Personally I think it would be better if the imp was standing in two feets and would just hold the banner in front of him.

It looks good to me, David.