Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Alien skin Xenofex not working

Hi Manny,

you may have conflicts with older XARA versions. Plugins and templates changed their folders over time, so a plugin may access to wrong data/DLLs conflicting with the latest XARA version.

- Did you just upgrade to version X10 without unistall EVERYTHING from version 8/9 ?

Keep in mind that several old plugins do not install any more with the new XARA versions. They rely on old outdated registry info, left from the old XARA versions.
    If you have a new Windows 8 PC (as example) and install XARA X10 and try to install Alienskin or AV Bros plusins they refuse to install, unless you do some "Tricks".

Best Regards

Default Re: Alien skin Xenofex not working

Thanks for the advice. I did upgrade to Photo & Graphics Designer 10 from 9 and had a problem loading Alienskin, but then at someone's suggestion to run as the administrator resolved the issue. I also had problems downloading a ton of designs such as flags, people, etc. I couldn't figure out how to do it but by experimenting I was able to download all the designs from inside the program. I don't even know for sure what I did but it worked and now I have a ton of designs that I can use on their own or even as fills. I love my Xara products. I am just an at-home doodler and the Xara software I have I would raise head and shoulders against any other graphics software, including adobe. Thanks again for the advice.

Manny