Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Hosting/domain name cost after 1st year

Didn't fine anything in search -

I am guessing that Magix does not even come close to having a forum like we do as I can't get an answer and it seems there are a lot of questions without answers.

Just upgraded to Pro X10 and like some of the programs in the past since Magix has taken over it offers 1 year free hosting and domain name - what is the cost after the one year? - jb

Edit - also, is this a stand-a-lone name or an extension of Magix' address?
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: Hosting/domain name cost after 1st year

I looked at this when it first came out [a while back now] - the free domain was not TLD [stand-alone], that's a bit much to expect I think for free - I never went anywhere with it though, so sorry that's all I know
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Take a look at this link: http://support.xara.com/index.php?/K...my-web-hosting

And this one: http://www.magix-online.com/us/host-...ices.3264.html. Scroll down and look at the "Hosting M" column.

Tks guys -

Boy, on your second link it say the following about the stand-a-lone name - "http://yourname.magix.net" - so I guess not.

The $9.99/mo is steep - is that both the hosting and domain charges or just the hosting?

Question - how does one find out how much space their site takes up? - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Hi Jim,

I replied on the Magix site but my Playbook jammed before posting so my answer was lost. Here is part of what I replied.
    The 9.99$/month includes 10 domain names and the use of Web Designer Pro. This is not what you want. The M Hosting, as already mentioned, is 1.99$/month.

I have a MOW site with the xxx.magic.net name and I use a subfolder of this to test my site that I (will) publish under my own domain name.com that I purchased through Magix. My domain is coming up for renewal and I am not yet sure how that works. Also, I thought that I saw somewhere that upgrading to X10 would give a 1 year subscription to MOW and web hosting M. But, does anyone know how to apply this to an existing account, for both the MOW and the domain name?

You can check in hosting column M for more information.