Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: glitch in Gary page

float left clear right eat drink sleep !important!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

To clarify, I never stated that Xara was at fault, nor did I know if it was or not. I just stated that it looks weird for a site that promotes a webbuilding program if suchs occurs on a site of them. So no mention of the software itself. And yes, I know that other software or method may be used to create the website, but as a costumer could assume that it was done WITH the software on offer, and if it wasn't, you could wonder, why not? ;o)

But all is resolved, although I had no clue what the CSS thingies mean. ;o)
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I'll pass this on to Gary and Barbara
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Hi ankhor—

First, let me apologize for any glitch you're experiencing with any of the pages. The Boutons, to the best of my knowledge, are only two people who are hosting every month, and getting content up on MAGIX's website reasonably on time. And you are correct in stating that The Xara Group Ltd is not to blame for anomalies on our pages. If we missed something, I'll ask the brains of the outfit, Barbara, to take another look. If this thread had been posted in Xara Xone, I would have noticed and responded more quickly.

Ankhor, The Xara Xone is driven by WordPress, and not by using Xara's website building features. We needed a content management system to track all the elements, plus we needed a way to figure out how to display Gary Priester's 15 years of work, linked to the new site, without any hitches. And yes, we do use Cascading Style Sheets and JavaScript, it's important to make everything work, but it occasionally causes incompatibility issues. We try to preview everything, but don't always have the time to make sure the same template space fits all the author info—it depends on what someone wrote.

We moved Xara Xone to WordPress because it has a CMS, which makes it extensible in the future...future planning you know? Xara does the same thing: they need a CMS, so they use a system outside of Xara Web Designer. Web Designer is targeted at small businesses; it would take an eternity to format, redo, change, update, and maintain the thousands of media nuggets we put up if we did things with something other than WordPress. I have a modest website of some of my artwork up on the web, and did it entirely in Web Designer, so I'm not being a snob or entering a contest here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8-3-2014 2-14-26 PM.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	103173

We test against the top four web browsers, plus Kindle and Smart Phones. We could do a bug hunt, but for something as trivial as text banging into my ugly face, what can I say? We prioritize, this stuff takes days to code and get up and shift previous content down, and that doesn't count the new content I have to write and design.

It ain't easy, ankhor. I could spend more time perfecting the Xone, or creating new tutorials and actively engaging on tg to support tutorials and keep interest in the month's offerings.

I cannot afford the time to do both.

Sincerely,

Gary

Well, atleast I mentioned it, so atleast we know it now.

And I didn't post it in the Xone, because at first I had no clue what happened.
    And thanks for all the hard work, I certainly appreciate it, like I did your book.
    So no accusations from my part, only a remark that it might look funny for a
    webbuilding program site.

greetings Dennis.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

We're all good, ankhor.

We're understaffed and only human: we will certainly take slavelle's expert conclusion as Barbara's first course of action, and see if we can't solve the misaligned text without causing problems in other browsers!

There should be a true name for a phenomenon—like Murphy's Law or something—that "at the same time you fix one thing, you break several others."

This law provides Barbara and me with a wealth of tech parts we keep in the basement for swap-ins, until they break two other things, and the progression expands.

My Best,

Gary

I hope what I wrote helps you. Certainly let me know if there is anything I can do to assist.