Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Is there a way to clean up this text graphic image up?

So I have a file that I want to enlarge and then print out to frame and hang on the wall. Problem is I don't have a high resolution version or the native file. So I was wondering, is there a way to clean up this image in Xara (there are lots of stray pixely dots around the text) so I can get a nice, clean, sharp graphic that can be enlarged and printed?

Please excuse the cuss word, although it does sum up my expertise in this area quite nicely, lol.

PS: I am using Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 9
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	92d9a3bcfd3f3c893f97612a985d7810.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	103067  

Default Re: Is there a way to clean up this text graphic image up?

Why not re-make the image yourself? It would probably be a lot easier than going to the trouble of trying to clean it up, and your result would be better looking, I'm sure.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

I don't have the time, interest or expertise to do that. I'm hoping someone who knows how to clean it up (or if it is possible in Xara) will respond. I might even be interested in paying someone to do it.

any better? [zipped cos it's a bit big and forum will shrink it]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

What expertise? Can you trace? I do this all the time with Xara. Sometimes a client is using a specific font, that either I cannot find, or is so costly to purchase, that its not worth my money to spend it for just one job. So I scan the font/graphic, import it to Xara, zoom in then use the pen tool to draw straight lines to trace the entire graphic or font. For areas that need curved lines, I select the points of the straight lines I created then convert them to curves. That's it. This works for any graphic, also used to clip photos to a photographed objects edges. There is no expertise necessary to trace an object. If you have Xara and you can trace with a pen tool, you have all the expertise necessary to accomplish the task.

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    any better? [zipped cos it's a bit big and forum will shrink it]
    Oh, darn, it's still really pixely/blurry, especially enlarged. But thanks for trying!

an alternative - better for print maybe...

but what bob and gameprinter have said is true - for best results need to remake it
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Nothing lasts forever...

yes it will be blurry - you need special software to even make half a decent go at it I think, without redrawing it
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    What expertise? Can you trace? I do this all the time with Xara. Sometimes a client is using a specific font, that either I cannot find, or is so costly to purchase, that its not worth my money to spend it for just one job. So I scan the font/graphic, import it to Xara, zoom in then use the pen tool to draw straight lines to trace the entire graphic or font. For areas that need curved lines, I select the points of the straight lines I created then convert them to curves. That's it. This works for any graphic, also used to clip photos to a photographed objects edges. There is no expertise necessary to trace an object. If you have Xara and you can trace with a pen tool, you have all the expertise necessary to accomplish the task.
    I have never been able to get the hang of the curves and all that drawing/tracing stuff, and I wouldn't have the time to spend to do that myself anyway. I was just hoping there was some quick kind of tool that could zap away the background and all the errant dots, and then maybe sharpen the graphic/font image.