Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Is there a way to clean up this text graphic image up?

So I have a file that I want to enlarge and then print out to frame and hang on the wall. Problem is I don't have a high resolution version or the native file. So I was wondering, is there a way to clean up this image in Xara (there are lots of stray pixely dots around the text) so I can get a nice, clean, sharp graphic that can be enlarged and printed?

Please excuse the cuss word, although it does sum up my expertise in this area quite nicely, lol.

PS: I am using Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 9
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	92d9a3bcfd3f3c893f97612a985d7810.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	103067  

Default Re: Is there a way to clean up this text graphic image up?

Why not re-make the image yourself? It would probably be a lot easier than going to the trouble of trying to clean it up, and your result would be better looking, I'm sure.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

I don't have the time, interest or expertise to do that. I'm hoping someone who knows how to clean it up (or if it is possible in Xara) will respond. I might even be interested in paying someone to do it.

any better? [zipped cos it's a bit big and forum will shrink it]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    any better? [zipped cos it's a bit big and forum will shrink it]
    Oh, darn, it's still really pixely/blurry, especially enlarged. But thanks for trying!

What expertise? Can you trace? I do this all the time with Xara. Sometimes a client is using a specific font, that either I cannot find, or is so costly to purchase, that its not worth my money to spend it for just one job. So I scan the font/graphic, import it to Xara, zoom in then use the pen tool to draw straight lines to trace the entire graphic or font. For areas that need curved lines, I select the points of the straight lines I created then convert them to curves. That's it. This works for any graphic, also used to clip photos to a photographed objects edges. There is no expertise necessary to trace an object. If you have Xara and you can trace with a pen tool, you have all the expertise necessary to accomplish the task.

an alternative - better for print maybe...

but what bob and gameprinter have said is true - for best results need to remake it
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Nothing lasts forever...

yes it will be blurry - you need special software to even make half a decent go at it I think, without redrawing it
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    an alternative - better for print maybe...

but what bob and gameprinter have said is true - for best results need to remake it
    Oh, that is a lot better! I think you're right, though, about the remaking it.

Soooo, I wonder if anyone here would be interested in being paid to redraw/trace for me to recreate it. If so, please let me know what something like that would cost.

Give a man a fish, etc....

Create a Bitmap Image - True Color - 300dpi resolution. This will not make the image sharper but it will give you more pixels to work with.

Zoom in to 300-400%

Open the Levels dialog and move the white triangle to the left until the noise around the text disappears. If need be, use the black eye dropper to sample the thinnest part of the lines to beef up the density.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	levels.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	103076