Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Filter Help

Can anyone solve this mystery for me? I have a few pro filters, like eyecandy, superblade pro, xenofex, and they all work fine with each of the versions of PSP I've had. However, everytime I try to use a "free" filter off the Web, I get an illegal op and PSP shuts down. I have msvcrt.dll and plugin.dll and the filters are in the required format. I've had this problem with PSP 4, 5 and 7. Thanks
    IP

Can anyone solve this mystery for me? I have a few pro filters, like eyecandy, superblade pro, xenofex, and they all work fine with each of the versions of PSP I've had. However, everytime I try to use a "free" filter off the Web, I get an illegal op and PSP shuts down. I have msvcrt.dll and plugin.dll and the filters are in the required format. I've had this problem with PSP 4, 5 and 7. Thanks
    IP

Wilmington, NC USA and Daejeon, South Korea

Can you be more specific as to which filters?

Several of the Plugin Filter sites, (including Filter Factory), are making use of Harry the Raver's new PlugIn Commander to reduce download time and save on server space, allowing them to upload even more filters. The new format requires that you download and install PiCo to re-compile the filters before you can use them.

You can download the PlugIn Commander here

If that doesn't work....give me the name and location of one of the filters and I'll try it out myself.

Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    IP

I have used PICO, but no luck with that either. Any and all of the filter factory filters give me an illegal op, plus most from individual's websites. The only ones I can seem to use without an illegal op are paid-for filters or filters from big companies. It makes no sense, I know, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be willing to try just about anything. Thanks
    IP

This is fascinating as I have a similar problem the other way round (see below)! Have you looked at the "details" tab on the GPF error message box? Do you always get the same thing? for each problem filter? just what do you get?

What's happening is that I licensed "BladePro" which is great and then paid for the upgrade to "SuperBladePro", which is better, just as soon as I saw the email from flamingpear. Well, it was better until it stopped working under any host. I even tried it on another machine but no dice, I still got a GPF error, and upgrading from Win95 to 98SE didn't help either. Nor have flamingpear helped (they've not even bothered to reply t support requests which is truly wierd)

Jon
    Jon
    IP

Hi there...

What version of PSP are you using? Do you have Msvcrt10.dll and plugin.dll installed properly? have you reinstalled them, in case they've been corrupted...
    In the case of the Filter Factory plugins, have they been properly extracted from the .ffl files? Is PSP configured to find the folder in which the plugins reside? Has the plugin folder been moved since the filters were installed?

HTH
    Sally
    IP

Thanks to everyone who replied. After over 3 years, my problem was finally solved. Got an email from someone who said there was either a bad or a wrong version of msvcrt10.dll hanging around. And although I had d/l it numerous times and from different sites, I decided to try again. The second one I d/l yesterday stopped the error. I knew everything was correct, which is what made it so frustrating. I appreciate the responses. Maybe this will help someone else.

To Jon: interestingly enough, Jasc gave me some line of bull about not being able to test every filter and so they wouldn't comment. I'm sure they know plenty about ffa and other filters, but once they had the money, couldn't be bothered. I was wondering, won't Flaming Pear let you d/l SBP again? I use it and it really is better than BP. I'm not looking forward to that problem, although with my luck, I'll probably get it :-) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

Wilmington, NC USA and Daejeon, South Korea

As long as you have your registration code, you can download it again. You can also write them for your code, if you've misplaced it.

Glad you got the problem fixed!

Joelle

Joelle

IP

I'm pleased you're sorted and I thank you all for helpful suggestions. Actually, I had downloaded again and the files were sized differently! but yes, I'll have another go (still have the code).

LilYank Just WHERE did you find the right version, please? I'd like to check that out as well. Thanx in anticipation

Jon
    Jon
    IP

LilYank -

Glad you got your filter problem resolved. Most often, the corruption of those critical .dll's are the issue.

I wanted to address the Jasc tech support issue. Unfortunately, it wouldn't be appropriate for them to attempt to resolve other developer's problems. Did you by any chance recently install AFH Beveller's? My students experienced a raft of .dll corruption based on that download, and the developer has been unresponsive to queries from "the field" about it. Or perhaps Kang's filters? Again, the developer refuses to note that these work sporadically at best with PSP 7.
    I've always found Jasc to be super-responsive to user's problems. I really could not classify them as a "take your money and run" sort of company. :-)))

Sally Beacham
    IP