Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can't login to Xara.com

Sorry if this is in the wrong place -- I feel like I've been locked out of my house and nowhere to turn to for help!

My usual Xara login doesn't work -- it worked when I logged in about a week ago when X10 came out, but now does not. I requested my password for my email addy, and it sent what I expected, but it still doesn't work. I know I typed it correctly.

Please help -- what should I do? I can't see a link to get support from Xara without being logged in.

Anton
    Anton

Default Re: Can't login to Xara.com

Hi AntonM

Did you go to this page http://support.xara.com/ And if so did you click Lost Password? (This is for the US).

It looks like Xara has redesigned the support page and thing might not be behaving correctly.

If you have tried this and it is not working, reply to this post and we'll try to get someone from Xara to look into this. I know how frustrating this is and we will get it solved.

Maybe they fixed it cause it is working for me.

EDIT: AntonM, I hope you can get a link to at least reset your password.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hi Gary and Larry -- thanks for the quick replies.

Gary, yes, I did use that link (and one other login page as well, yesterday, but now can't recall it) and it still returns "Invalid Username or Password".

I'd be most grateful for anything you could do to help!
    Anton

Did you click the Lost Password link? This link will let you create a new password.

Gary, the "Lost Password" link brings up a login screen and a "I've forgotten my password" link. I did click on that link before I started this thread, and I was sent an email with my password hint, and that hint was the one I had expected -- i.e., my password should still be the same. I could see no option to change my password -- at least, not until I get logged in! The only way I can see to get a new password from where I am now, is to create a new account, and that page explicitly asks people to not do that ("Note: Please do not open a new account if you simply wish to change your account details (sign in to your existing account and click User Data).").
    Anton

Quote Originally Posted by AntonM View Post
    Gary, the "Lost Password" link brings up a login screen and a "I've forgotten my password" link. I did click on that link before I started this thread, and I was sent an email with my password hint, and that hint was the one I had expected -- i.e., my password should still be the same. I could see no option to change my password -- at least, not until I get logged in! The only way I can see to get a new password from where I am now, is to create a new account, and that page explicitly asks people to not do that ("Note: Please do not open a new account if you simply wish to change your account details (sign in to your existing account and click User Data).").
    Seems like there is nothing else to do except email Xara support and enplane the problem and give them as much information as you can. I think they can and will try and locate your account and help as much as possible.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

it happened to me once - I had changed password, but not the hint [doh] - however, after a while I remembered;

I think Larry is right if you have forgotten completely
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I'll try to get someone at Xara to look at this thread, Anton. It won't happen until Monday, though.

Thanks Gary, and the others who replied.

Does anyone have Support's email addy for me, just in case?
    Anton