Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question How do I get the registration to work on Xara 10

Hi folks It's been quite a long time since I was last on Talkgraphics, and I sure could use your advise.
    I downloaded the free trial version of Xara 10 on the 24 July, and also bought and paid for it on the same day. Unfortunately I can't get the program to register with Xara. The program stalls in the registry program. I get a popup stating it cannot make an online connection. please make sure your computer is connected to the internet, a firewall may be blocking.
    I wrote a Xara support for help got one answer back asking for more details. Haven't heard from them since. my internet works fine and my firewall will allow Xara10 to pass through. Currently I can operate the program on the free trial only. I would sure appreciate it if you folks could pass on a solution to my problem. I've had Xara since Corel Xara and have never had this problem before installing the program.
    Thanks for viewing this thread.
    Snowbird57
    There's no such word as CAN'T, anything can be accomplished with patience.

Default Re: How do I get the registration to work on Xara 10

Hi Snowbird. Try closing Xara & right clicking on the shortcut and Run as Administrator. This may solve your woes.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg for your reply, Run as Administrator didn't work I'm open for more ideas
    Thanks Snowbird57

I have no ideas except maybe open the task manager and see if something is blocking or hogging your internet, or conflicting in some way. Possibly a simple computer restart will fix the problem.

EDIT: Let us know.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Possibly a simple computer restart will fix the problem.
    That has worked for me in the past.

Snowbird,
    I had this exact same problem. I chose to call them to get my activation code. Unfortunately and I'm not sure if there is any correlation but I have never been able to get Photolooks to load successfully for me. I have been in touch with support and still currently have an open ticket for this issue. The unusual thing is though that last week I was getting a response from support every day (I live in the States so therefore time zones are playing a factor in communications). but since the weekend I have not gotten any more responses. Having said all that try giving their phone activation a chance. It is 24 hrs 7 days a week and I found it to be very simple. It's all automated. If you do the phone activation and then have troubles with Photolooks would you please update and let me know. Thanks.

Hi folks, thanks to you all especially DawnG for the suggestions. DawnG the phone call worked I got my program to open and download the content packs. As of yet it's still loading so I don't know if Photolooks downloaded. But I'll make a thread when I find out.
    Thanks to you for your great help
    Snowbird57

Snowbird,
    You are very welcome. I'm glad that I was able to help and you were able to get your program working.