Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: New Designer Pro 10 Themes

Same here... The new ones are preview only.

Following is copied and pasted from the website. Clearly states included themes!

New Templates

11 brand new contemporary General Website Themes (normally sold in Web Packs for $10 each, so that's $110 worth!) with up to 16 page layouts, all including new mobile variants.

View previews of all the included themes (new ones marked as NEW).

not included in the price it doesn't - you have to think like a greaseball advertising copywriter - and the page is 'what's new' - yes it is dishonest misleading
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

If this is true then I will be demanding a refund and will stick with DPX9. Not because I didn't get something for free but simply the principal, it's almost bait and switch and that makes me angry. That " so that's $110 worth!" is clearly an inducement to upgrade/buy the new version.

Update: I too have done the "download all" thing and the new themes still say preview. However when I now double click on the theme it tells me it cannot download the theme because I have a problem with my Internet connection.....Well, if true, it's only DPX10 that is seeing it as everything else works just fine.

EDIT: after a restart. it now is asking me to buy again. Curiously, when I click "Info" I get taken to the main DPX10 purchase where it wants £249 (yeah right) and not the template purchase page. Think we could have a cock-up here? I'm thinking it might be because things like the new photo widgets which are also trumpeted on the "What's New" page in exactly the same language are downloaded and usable.

EDIT2: Start DPX10 as admin and you are asked to pay for templates. Start DPX10 as normal user and I have a "cannot download, there is a problem with your internet connection"...............
    Last edited by Smiler; 30 July 2014 at 06:24 AM. Reason: New info

If you click on the view previews link from the whats new page it is clear that it is showing you samples of themes that are included.

Copied from Xara

TEMPLATES
    Designer Pro includes a large collection of fully customizable templates in the Designs Gallery. On this page we include a small selection of most of the different types of template to give you an idea of the of variety available. Click on the thumbnail to see larger versions.

http://www.xara.com/us/designer-pro/templates/#themes

I do hope that a mistake has been made.

If the templates on the "new in ProX10" page really are not "in" but have to be purchased separately then my feelings regarding Xara will take a dive.
    ( they dipped a little with SimpleClean by stealth )

Quote Originally Posted by rharkonen View Post
    I am just wondering if anyone actually got the new themes with their copy of pro 10, or does it tell them to go purchase them? All mine say preview beside them (Candy Floss, Cloud Nine, Cupcakes...etc) and that I have to purchase them, but when you read the what's new site it says "View previews of all the included themes (new ones marked as NEW)." and so you would think they are included as they are listed on it. I have been talking to Xara support, but it seem like they are telling me that it's my end and just want to see if it is just me.

Thank you for reporting this. We will investigate the problem and hope to post a resolution soon

Hi,

I am also confused. I downloaded the content, but the new themes remain unavailable. When I click for more info, I am taken to a "live" website where I can view the theme, but no way of buying it. Instead I am asked to buy the new version, when I have already registered it.

Confuzzled.

Regards,

Carol

When you click on them in the design gallery they link to the Designer Pro 10 buy page so it looks like they are supposed to be included with the product. Hopefully it's just a hiccup.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Xara support had me clearing the design gallery cache and restarting to no effect. I've uninstalled and reinstalled as both admin and normal user but still no change. It appears that it is a glitch and the templates ARE included but someone forgot to tell DPX10

So we await the fix.......

well at least we know, thanks... maybe I was too hard on them, but I got told elsewhere [in so many words] that expecting PSD clipping layers to be imported was asking too much; ok, but that means I use xara less... and it rankles.. I bet if the new serif mac program is going after adobe it imports PSD [more] fully
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...