Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New Designer Pro 10 Themes

I am just wondering if anyone actually got the new themes with their copy of pro 10, or does it tell them to go purchase them? All mine say preview beside them (Candy Floss, Cloud Nine, Cupcakes...etc) and that I have to purchase them, but when you read the what's new site it says "View previews of all the included themes (new ones marked as NEW)." and so you would think they are included as they are listed on it. I have been talking to Xara support, but it seem like they are telling me that it's my end and just want to see if it is just me.

Default Re: New Designer Pro 10 Themes

No, same thing here.

Welcome to TG rharkonen. All the red folders are not included in the default program & need to be purchased seperately. A preveiw of the theme is shown but clicking on it gives the attached info window. So the Vue theme is just marked New. Any others marked New (preview) require purchasing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screengrab.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	103030  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Sorry but the website implies that we get these themes with the upgrade.

Quote from the "Whats new in Xara 10" website page....

"New Templates

11 brand new contemporary General Website Themes (normally sold in Web Packs for $10 each, so that's $110 worth!) with up to 16 page layouts, all including new mobile variants.

View previews of all the included themes (new ones marked as NEW). "

I took that to mean they were included, why state "(normally sold in Web Packs for $10 each, so that's $110 worth!)" if we have to pay for them?

EDIT: I've asked support for a definitive yes or no as to whether we get these themes included
    Last edited by Smiler; 29 July 2014 at 09:23 PM.

Hi Smiler,

Must admit I agree with your interpretation re this matter. Don't use themes a lot so it's not something I'm up to speed with but the What's New feature does imply these are included. I can't get them to download either

AhHa! Close Xara. Right click on the short cut & choose Run as Administrator. When Xara opens right click on the Designs Gallery & click Download All. This should start the download. Mine's still downloading .... I'll let you know the outcome
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you for all the replies, I just wanted to make sure that I am not the only one having this issue and that everyone else is interrupting it the same way. I do not use the themes, but I want to make sure I get my moneys worth for how much I paid.

I suspect what Xara meant was that the themes would normally only be available as part of template bundles. Very misleading.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Sorry, Run as administrator downloaded something as it took a while but these new preview themes remained as previews.

I think John is correct. Xara's site is telling us porky-pies.
    Egg

[puts on marketing hat]

note the blurb is 'what's new' not 'what's included in the price'

.. brought to you by the same company that has 'full PSD support including layers - pity that isn't true either...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

And it still can't make a decent cup of tea!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64