Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: DPX 10 -- PhotoLooks goes missing

That would be great for a numb node like me Frances. I guess I need to mess around with it more and see if I can figure it out. Probably just me.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Still having problems as above with Photolooks

Gets error "The Filter Interface is wrong for this Plug In"
    And " LooksBuilder failed to launch. Please ensure the application has not been renamed or moved from the install location"

I have removed the downloaded Content Installer as advised elsewhere and re downloaded / installed but thats not fixed it

I CAN however run Magic Bullet PhotoLooks.exe from - E:\Program Files\LooksBuilder which I pinned to my Start menu for now

Would however like to get to the bottom of this if only to assist others

Loving Designer Pro 10 so far ;-)

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

David, have you downloaded and installed yesterday's update? If the program doesn't automatically find the update go to help>check for updates. Once you have updated the program try running photolooks again and let us know if anything has changed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Looking forward to those tuts, Angelize...it's all Greek to me.

This In from XARA

Hi,

Many thanks for your email.

This has been reported by a few users but we've been unable to replicate it or find a reliable solution. Whilst we have also reported this to the plugin creators, Photolooks, they appear to be dragging their heels with this error.

One possible avenue we are looking into is a problem with DEP (Data Execution Protection). You could try turning it off using the instructions below, trying to access photo looks afterwards and see if it works:

http://geekswithblogs.net/PsudoKnowl...ntion-dep.aspx

Kind Regards
    Customer Support

_____________________________ Folloow Up __________

Hi,

Apologies for the delay,

Can you try going to Start > Control Panel > System > Advance System Settings > Performance Settings > Data Execution Prevention, select "Turn on DEP for all Programs and Services except those I select", then in the exception list click add, and add the Magic Bullet executable: "C:\Program Files (x86)\LooksBuilder\Magic Bullet PhotoLooks.exe"

Or if you are using a 32 bit OS: "C:\Program Files\LooksBuilder\Magic Bullet PhotoLooks.exe"

Click ok and close all dialog boxes and restart your computer (needed for the effects to come into place). Once restarted, try and load Photolooks from within Xara.

Please try to let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards
    Customer Support

Sadly This has not worked for me - even after applying the Content Pack again

may have more luck for members here