Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara PGD 10, ... Can't find Photolooks

Just installed Xara Photo Graphics Designer 10, which I purchased, and where is Photolooks ?... I can't find it anywhere, plse help:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	160 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	102958

tx

Roger

Default Re: Xara PGD 10, ... Can't find Photolooks

Roger, I believe you need to download the extra content via the help menu, then install it.

Mike

Thank you very much Mike, that was it. I guess it's my fault for not reading "the fine print" ;-) :

"...Once your copy is activated you can download an additional content pack by selecting the ‘Download Content Installer’ option in the Photo & Graphic Designer Help menu. This downloads the PhotoLooks plug-in and some additional fills, fonts and spell checker dictionaries...."

Now I just have to figure out how to get the activation code for MAGIX Photo Manager 12, which is supposed to be free with the purchase of XPGD 10. I've registered it, but have not received the activation code yet, as stated in the registration page :-(

It all came in my purchase email for XDPX10, which, admittedly, was an upgrade.
    I would have thought they would use the same template.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    It all came in my purchase email for XDPX10, which, admittedly, was an upgrade.
    I would have thought they would use the same template.
    Acorn
    Lucky you Mike. Maybe it's me, but all the email for XDPX10 contained is the following:

[I]Download your free MAGIX Photo Manager 12:
    Your copy of Photo & Graphic Designer includes MAGIX Photo Manager 12, you can download it here: ...
    ." No mention of an activation code anywhere in the email.

then upon installing this "7day trial" (which ain't exactly what I call a "FREE" version of MAGIX Photo Manager 12), I proceeded with Registration, which said the following:

"You can activate the program for free by registering now.

Shortly thereafter you will receive an email with your personal activation code.
    Please enter this code into the program's start dialog ("Enter activation code").
    "

, the email received shortly after provided no activation code of any sort !

Am I missing something here ?

Roger

regor250 Did you get this sorted out?
    Photolooks is not available in the trial version. Once you purchase the program download content installer. It's in there.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    regor250 Did you get this sorted out?
    Photolooks is not available in the trial version. Once you purchase the program download content installer. It's in there.
    Yes, TX. Also MAGIX support has helped me sort out the other issue. Once I re-registered Photo Mgr, I received the activation code :-). Thank you very much.