Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro X10 Released

Very disappointing.

It has been 3 months since the release of Web Designer 10 Premium so I was expecting a lot of new, useful Pro-type features. I don't know what happened in those 3 months but it doesn't look like much.

This doesn't feel like a major release to me. I think it should be Xara Designer Pro X9.5, or whatever.

IMHO, Xara seems to have lost their way. They have gone from outstanding to mediocre in terms of product direction and progression.

But it's not too late - yet. They could still turn this around if they really want to, before they lose their loyal customer base.

I hope they do.

I bought the upgrade, but I can't find Photolooks in the Live Effect tool. Does anybody know where I can find it?

Terry - You have to use the Help > Download Content Installer

But it's not too late - yet. They could still turn this around if they really want to, before they lose their loyal customer base.

I hope they do.
    Turn it around, or lose their loyal customer base?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Terry - You have to use the Help > Download Content Installer
    Thank you Gary. Downloading now...

Oh well, life moves on, as has been noted it was a good ride and my current Xara software does a pretty good job with my limited skills; but I do try and create everything by my own hands and not the clip and cut and paste method...

Anyway my first medium is paper, pencil and paint and Xara nor anyone else can help me with that - and only old age can take it away...

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Turn it around, or lose their loyal customer base?
    Ha ha, yes you could read that either way. Or maybe that was intentional....

They have gone from outstanding to mediocre in terms of product direction and progression.
    Couldn't agree more Steve.

I can remember being at a exhibition in London when Charles Moir introduced the companies first vector drawing program ported across from CC's Artworks to the PC. It blew my socks off! I can't remember if it was there or on a website which showed how fast Xara could render a classic "Red Barn" (?) drawing compared to Coral Draw. Xara was lightening fast, CD was watching paint dry.

I don't expect the same speed difference today in the now mature graphics field but I do expect Xara to keep up with the vector developments being offered by other vendors. Unfortunately this isn't the case.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by stevegill View Post
    Very disappointing.

It has been 3 months since the release of Web Designer 10 Premium so I was expecting a lot of new, useful Pro-type features. I don't know what happened in those 3 months but it doesn't look like much.

This doesn't feel like a major release to me. I think it should be Xara Designer Pro X9.5, or whatever.

IMHO, Xara seems to have lost their way. They have gone from outstanding to mediocre in terms of product direction and progression.

I hope they do.
    I have to say that I still upgraded though, as it saves me having to keep switching between XWD10 Premium and XDPX9 (which was getting really tiresome). I'm hoping 2015's XDP upgrade will be more substantial and that 2014 won't be the last year I upgrade.

Maybe Xara will listen to the feedback and release some minor updates before then with additional, much needed functionality. A guy can dream can't he?

Move along, folks...nothing to see here.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.