Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro X10 Released

Thank you Jd. I seem to have missed that one. I ordered after june 20th so I hope this means that I qualify. I already contacted sales about the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke.Hart View Post
    ...If any of these were implemented 5% of 'Pro' user would be happy and 95% would still claim there's nothing for them.
    Adding proper OpenType support would affect far more than 5% of your user base.

Adding a gradient mesh would affect far more than 5% of your user base.

I know you didn't mean to, but replies like that come very close to being dismissive of your users.

Kate's post made me a little more optimistic about the possibility of these in the future, and for that I am thankful.

Best wishes,
    David

Can you still switch off the XARA UI?

yes - with same usability caveats
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Really? I wasn't aware there were any. Is that the case for all releases, or just the new one. And what are they if you don't mind me asking?

assume you mean ctrl+alt+shift+s

it resets your customisations - no guarantee that the drop down boxes will render right on all screen resolutions

unless something has changed this is not a change supported by xara....
    Nothing lasts forever...

Ah yes I found out about those. I just lose the interface then customise. I don't seem to have any troubles after that.

Why does it work out cheaper in US Dollars than UK Pounds?

Well, I have upgraded. But I see what everyone is saying. However, I like the new RWD - it suits me very well.

What I don't think xara realises is how annoying, disappointing and disrespectful it seems to Pro users to be put to the back of the release cycle. The pitfalls of doing it become really apparent in a year like this when there is so little new, and everyone else has had it first.

I am not a great artist, or even an average one. Better tools would be wasted on me. What I always hope for, though, is drag and drop web site management, Netobjects style.

We can all dream. I do hope people upgrade, because I fear it's use it or lose it. I have seen so many software companies go to the wall. I understand market forces and people are right to be annoyed they didn't get what they wanted. But please think how it might feel if the pro version were dropped completely. I would hate to have to go back to using adobe products. When I do, it's like wading through mud compared to xara.

@jimi - maybe it's the VAT; but only xara ltd will know the reason if there is a real difference
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Artyboots View Post
    ...But please think how it might feel if the pro version were dropped completely. I would hate to have to go back to using adobe products. When I do, it's like wading through mud compared to xara.
    I like XDP. I enjoy using it, I mostly like the PDF output.

But I do print. The few dozens sites I have made are not made with a WYSIWYG designer. So obviously I could care less about the web stuff...sorry. (I have mentioned before if they ripped it out of XDP altogether and only made the web premium the be all and end all WYSIWYG I would be happy.) And at the same time, made XDP into the best design application that it could be, no one looses that way.

It isn't about "getting what I want." It's two things, really. One, it's about advancing an application that could be great. Two, "support" is a two-way street. Xara makes improvements on XDP and I upgrade. Even when I don't see "enough" advancement or the types of things I would like, I buy. But none at all? I don't buy.

I have a few choices for vector drawing installed and I use most of them. Only when I am in control of what I use or am futzing around can I even use XDP start to finish. While I don't want to see Xara cut XDP from its line-up, without fixing, improving, and adding features they are effectively killing off XDP. As Kate wrote, X11 may be a different story. All I can do is wait and see. I hope so.

Mike