Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro X10 Released

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

About a year ago I needed a document printed at top quality. Virtually every printer I called said, "send a PDF".

Quote Originally Posted by BONES View Post
    Think about it - if you pay 79 GBP for each of two upgrades, you will have paid 158 GBP total, where someone who has skipped a version will only pay 119 GBP, or 40 GBP more than we paid each year.
    Well, I upgraded from pro 5, so I got a good deal now. That also means that I haven't used the upgrades for all those years, finally had the money to upgrade now (it was Elite Dangerous or Pro 10, I needed a quadcore processor for Elite Dangerous, so it became Pro 10) But you are right, you get a nice deal.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

As I see in this forum; users whose waiting for more vector designing improvements live in disappointment as me. I really waiting for object styles like illustrator or drawplus for years for example. Yes you can draw everything with ease in Xara but styles is most important thing in a vector drawing software for me . People really use Xara for photo editing? Or most of Xara Designer Pro users create web sites? Yes sometimes web site creation really saves my time. But Xara was a really good and fast vector drawing software a couple years ago. My expectations were higher for x10. Please add some essential things for a vector drawing software to it

I did it today! I gave my money Xara.

But first, a little story:
    I switched to Mac and Adobe. I have for months tried my usual workflow, I was accustomed with Xara, to do in Illustrator and Indesign. I've failed. That is a reason why I don't post here anymore.

I could not imagine that an OS may thus hinder my work. I wasn't the boss over the system, the sytem was the boss! But I'm the boss in my company and not Apple or Adobe either!
    As then came the order to make 120 book cover within two months, I stood against the wall. Impossible to do it with the new Mac and Adobe! (I'ved Work with Mac and Adobe in the first 1990's, so I think it would be fun.)

I probably made ​​the best decision: Mac sold, Adobe CC terminated.
    Quite a bit of money I have lost and not to think about how many hours, days, weeks, I've wasted and could not be very productive.

I bought a PC for the money and the new CorelDraw X7, so I've spent my money on. That was better. But the workflow with Corel was not as usual.

Xara was needed again. My old X version was used. I have completed the job to the fully satisfaction of my client. From the earned money I bought Adobe CS 6 for PC, because Photoshop and Acrobat Pro are also essential with Xara. In addition, from time to time I get external data who want to be edited.

I have taken the time to read the whole thread. Certainly we all want new innovative drawing tools. It would be enough to get that what we write for years, DTP features included, OpenType support, and more.

But it showed me that I get a powerful tool for relatively little money with which I all Desing requirements can handle.

This was a lesson for me. And I hope, Xara will do more for us Professionals. The program is the name: Xara Designer Pro X??.

Servus Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by ankhor View Post
    (it was Elite Dangerous or Pro 10, I needed a quadcore processor for Elite Dangerous, so it became Pro 10) But you are right, you get a nice deal.
    Hahahahaa ... it must be a small amount of people that use Xara and are looking forward to Elite Dangerous. I went in at the Alpha level and at the time I had a dual core processor. And yes you need a Quad to play it ... I've since upgraded my Gaming PC. It's such a good game but I'm trying not to play it too much to ware it out before the full game is released later this year. So I would wait on as well till it's released.

Has anyone had issues exporting PDF from new x10. X9 works fine but the new X10 gets an internal error message.

I really want to support Xara but this will be the second year in a row I won't upgrade. There is virtually nothing new for anyone using the product for graphic design and certainly I can't see anything that justifies the extra expense.

where is the color selector on the new version of the photo and graphic designer 10??

rob1969,

We did. Imported pdf's of CAD drawings to work with them in Xara. This was fine except for the text destruction.

However, when exporting from Xara to pdf, we lost all the line work. All the CAD entities, other than text, looked good and seemed happy as Xara objects.

I was hoping to mention this sooner but have not had time to take notes or examine in detail.

We will be doing some more of this over the weekend.

Cheers