Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Can't install new fills

Manny you are in good hands now so I'll buttout.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks to all but Christine's solution didn't work. Either my program is corrupt or I am too dense to understand all the advice that I have received. I am throwing in the towel. You all made a valiant effort and I am sorry to have taken up so much of your time but eventually you have to figure out that it's time to walk away. Thanks again.

Manny

Hi Manny, it's me again. I no longer have access to version 5 so I used XPX and that worked. What I did was downloaded Christine's Checks and starrs made a folder called checks and stars and put the zip file in there. Then unzipped it in that folder. I noticed the was a Xara info file in there and for some reason when I accessed that folder with disk fills it did not take, so I deleted that info file and went to disk fills again, chose the unzipped folder located in the checks and stars folder and opened it, chose add and it worked and now I see it when I open my fills gallery. I know you are probably getting tired of doing this over and over, but you might try once more and see if that helps.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Please don't give up - try extracting just the JPG files to a new directory and then adding the fills from there.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

I think there is consensus here that the supplied info files may be the problem [ I posted same in other thread]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I agree there seems to be a problem with older info files being used with the new versions. The original file on the XaraXone archive is not a fills folder though it is a XAR file containing some bitmaps and the vectors used to create them. Unfortunately it appears to have lost the original instructions.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Agreed, so I deleted the info files and then it worked as it should, creating new info files and showing up in the fills gallery.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509