Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Can't install new fills

To all, sorry if I'm making a nuisance of myself but I need an answer. So far you have all given good advice but it isn't helping. As I said before I just bought Photo & Graphic Designer 10 and it's working famously. Here's the problem; I found lots of great fills on the XaraXone site and I downloaded them into a folder I named fills on my desktop. I open the software and go to the fills gallery, click of disc fills and then go to my folder and there are all the files that I've downloaded. I simply select one click on the add button and get a message to create an index and when I click yes, I'm told there are no usable files or some such statement (I'm paraphrasing). What give and what am I doing wrong. The operation seems pretty straightforward so why isn't it working for me.

Default Re: Can't install new fills

Select the folder not the actual fill to add.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Hi Christine thanks for the quick response. I won't believe that I'm that dense but your suggestion as well as others haven't worked. Here's a step by step procedure that I have followed. I went to the Xone and downloaded your stars and stripes fill and saved to a folder. I then unzipped the file and opened designer 10 and went to the fills gallery and clicked on discs from there I browsed to the folder I created selected the folder containing your fills and clicked on add and that didn't work so I clicked on update and got the message no suitable files have been located. I know there's nothing wrong with the software because of downloaded tons of brushes with no problem. I just can't figure out what it is that I'm doing wrong. It should work but alas that is not the case. Please help I'm becoming desperate. Thanks.

Manny

Manny - Install the folder you want on your hard drive first. Then browse to that location on your hard drive, select the folder and click Add. You'll get a message asking if you want to create an Index file. Say yes.

If you add more fills to this folder, go back to the Disc Fills, locate the folder, select it and click Update.

Hi Gary I already tried that and when it asks me to create an index and I click yes then I get a message that no suitable files can be found for the folder. Do you think the program might be corrupted I purchased it on line and also ordered a disk. Is it possible that it might be missing some component?

Long time since I've done that but browse to the location, go into the folder [which may not display anything] then click Add
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Also make sure you are running as administrator when you start the program.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Hi Christine, it's Manny again. I just happened to be checking out the troubleshooting options on the website and discovered that Photo & Grapic Design 10 is only workable on 32bit system. I'm on 64bit system. Could that affect how the program runs even though I downloaded and ran with no obvious problems. Appreciate your input.

Manny

It can run on 64bit o/s, it's just that the program isn't 64bit.

Did the fills installation work?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Fraid not Manny. I am on a 64 bit system and I just did it with XP&GD10
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.