Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: New PhotoLooks

Default New PhotoLooks

It was very hard to explain the scope of the Magic Bullet PhotoLook FX filter that comes with Photo & Graphic Designer 10 in my review because of size and space restrictions. So I have prepared a larger image plus two screen captures to give a little more detail.

Select a photo then select FX from the Photo Tool > Enhance fly out. Select Magic Bullet > Looks

Click Looks in the bottom left area to open the Presets. You can preview each effect and see the results. An orange/brown gird indicates the portions of the photo that are being effected with each filter.

At the bottom of the edit window are icons for additional editing tools that can be used with each specific filter and these change depending upon the preset. Some presets offer one or two controls and others offer five or six. Click any of these and an edit window appears on the right side giving you more control over the preset.

When you are finished, press Finished and the effect will be applied to the selected photo.

Even though some of the preset titles are a bit, OK very corny, there are some really excellent effects in this filter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photolooks.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	188.2 KB 
ID:	102866   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PhotoLooks 1.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	102867  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PhotoLooks 2.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	102868  

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: New PhotoLooks

I agree Gary that there are indeed some very useful effects in this filter and the presets, even the corny ones, can be used as a starting point for something great, that can be saved as your own custom preset. The more I work with photolooks the more I like it. I've started a discussion thread, a list of resources, and a custom preset and custom tools sharing thread in the plugins forum
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: New PhotoLooks

Thanks Angelize. Personally I believe most that got into Xara for vector graphics would already have the same or similar tools for photos as filters like this come with just about any good photo program. They are certainly fun to play with and are great for giving you one of those ah ha moments when a particular filter strikes your fancy.