Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Vertical-scrolling Supersite printing question

For Gary Priester (and anyone else who has made a Supersite)...

Is it possible to size each 'page' so that they will all print properly, when a viewer sends the vertical-scrolling Supersite to the printer?

In other words, if I set my page size to 8.5 x 11, the US standard letter size, and then make, say, eight pages... will they all come out of the printer OK, each 'page' on its own sheet of paper, same way that a PowerPoint presentation burps out those slides, no overlap from page to page?

Doesn't HTML 5 have some sort of a <page break> tag that would be used for this?
    Author -- 'Drawing for Money' and 'Self-Publishing Secrets', at Jon404.com

Default Re: Vertical-scrolling Supersite printing question

Yep. Even with a vertical scrolling site you can print a specific page or range of pages. I used this script to create a windows Print button in WD10 Premium

<input type=button onclick="window.print()" value='Print this page'>

But your visitor needs to know to set a page range, I believe.

Thanks Gary ... and, even without the script, if the viewer just used the browser's Print command ... all the pages would come out the printer properly, without overlap? Or, does the browser Print command only work on the sub-page that is currently being viewed? Thanks for putting up with me... I don't have a printer, but I'd like to tell friends in an e-learning group where i used to work about this.

Yes, you can print without the button but you need to specify which page or pages. i.e. 3 of 3

Also Jon, if you don't have a printer you can use something like Primo PDF (or other free pdf software programs) and print out your file to pdf to send to your friends
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks guys -- Egg, I forgot all about printing to PDF. Will download the trial WD 10 and give it a spin. Might also be interesting for a running blog... like a page for each entry... but somehow I think it would take a while to load after a year or so's worth of pages. Not Xara's fault, though. Once a year, I go over to the supercomputer center at UCSD, and bang on the folks there to let me (and my friends) use their REALLY high speed Internet 2. Well, forget it. They are still pissed about what we non-intellectuals did to the first internet. So... for large page loads, I think it will be slow going for quite a while.