Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Default Template troubles Photo and Graphic Designer 9

Hi. I've been using Photo and Graphic Designer 9 for about 6 months. Somehow I saved a template as a default template and now whenever I open any other file that default template is attached to the file I wanted to open. I don't even want that file as a default template, it was kind of a mistake. How can I remove this default template and also I have added my own templates to the new area and somehow this hid all of the templates that used to be there originally. I hope this makes sense, I did do a repair on the program a week or so ago and everything was back to normal except that default template was still there. Now somehow all my templates are totally messed up again. Thank you and I hope that I'm explaining my problems well enough so that someone can help me.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Default Template troubles Photo and Graphic Designer 9

I'm using Designer Pro but I think this should work the same. All your templates are stored within the program files. Navigate to C:/program files/Xara/your version here/ templates/ENG. You should see all the templates there. Double click a blank one( for example US Letter) to open it and once it's open then go save as template and check save as default template. This should restore your default template.

As for the new template list I think that there may be a limit to how many templates will show in the list. One way to get around this is to create a folder on your hard drive and name it extra templates move all your custom templates there (again you should find them in the templates folder within the program files)

Once you have all your custom templates in the new folder add that folder to the designs gallery. Open the designs gallery and click disc designs, then browse to your new extra templates folder and open it then click add. you will get a pop up asking if you want to create an index click yes and your folder will be added to your designs gallery. This way you can store as many templates as you wish and still be able access all the default templates that come with the program.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Providing you don't want to keep the template you set as your default, you can just change it to your liking and save it as default again using the same name.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Yes that's true but from the sounds of it Dawn is wanting to get the program defaults that come pre installed back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thank you both so much. You have no idea how excited I am to learn how to save custom templates in my design gallery.