Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default added new page but source differs

I needed to add a new page to a site, so I went to template design and added a new page to existing website from the same template (construction). The dimensions are now off for the new page. When I click the link it adjusts it far to the right and I have to slide to view it centered. Is there a simple fix or do I have to start over with a new page or try something else?

Here is the source code of the correct pages followed by the new page:

<body class="xr_bgb0">
    <div class="xr_ap" id="xr_bph" style="width: 100%; height: 100%; left: 0px; top: 0px; overflow: hidden;">
    <div class="xr_ar xr_mvp_2" style="width: 100%; height: 100%;">
    <div class="xr_pbd">
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <!--[if gte IE 9]><!-->
    <div id="xr_xr" class="xr_noc" style="top:0px; position:relative; text-align:left; margin:0 auto;">
    <script type="text/javascript">var xr_xr=document.getElementById("xr_xr")</script>
    <!--<![endif]-->
    <!--[if lt IE 9]>
    <div class="xr_ap" id="xr_xr" style="width: 955px; height: 1058px; top:0px; left:50%; margin-left: -478px;">
    <script type="text/javascript">var xr_xr=document.getElementById("xr_xr")</script>
    <![endif]-->
    <div id="xr_mvp_1" class="xr_mvp_1 xr_bgn_0_0_0" style="position:absolute; width:955px; height:1058px;">
    <div class="xr_ap">

NEW PAGE below:

<body class="xr_bgb8">
    <!--[if gte IE 9]><!-->
    <div id="xr_xr" class="xr_noc" style="top:0px; position:relative; text-align:left; margin:0 auto;">
    <!--<![endif]-->
    <!--[if lt IE 9]>
    <div class="xr_ap" id="xr_xr" style="width: 955px; height: 2759px; top:0px; left:50%; margin-left: -478px;">
    <![endif]-->
    <div class="xr_ap">

Default Re: added new page but source differs

Did you drop the new page from the design or duplicate an existing page?

It will be far easier to help if you upload your design file by clicking the Go Advanced button and clicking the Attachments icon.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I did both. I first dropped the page from the template and then duplicated a page already in the site. Both looked fine until I saved. After saving they went to a smaller size in the preview window and do not center.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jul. 14 14.25.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	102806  

I've tried a third page (duplicated from page with no problems) and it seems that as I add more rows of manufacturers to the page, the page becomes more narrow. Is there anyway to keep the page dimensions the same so that it doesn't resize in the browsers as I add more info?

Are you using the Resize to Fit Page option?

If so, you need to keep your page size to about the same proportion as a mobile screen.

Also, exactly what is the issue with the page source? Just curious.

The preview windows will narrow as the page lengthens but the physical size of the page widthwise should remain the same unless you physically alter it.

I think you need to upload your web/xar file if you want furter help
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    The preview windows will narrow as the page lengthens but the physical size of the page widthwise should remain the same unless you physically alter it.

I think you need to upload your web/xar file if you want furter help
    Yes, that happens and I find it a bit annoying - wish the width of the preview would stay constant! On really long pages , it's almost impossible to see what's on the page.