Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default my first digital camera

just out of the box, much to learn
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bird1.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	102778  

Default Re: my first digital camera

Hey stranger. Nice photo. What kind of bird is that? And don't say a Red Bird.

Have fun with your new toy. The great thing about digital cameras is you never need to buy film ever again.

Nice photo Tim.

@Gary well it's red, and it's a bird!
    OK,OK so it's a Cardinal (I think).
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Yeah, it's a Cardinal....with retirement just one year away, sooner if I can make it happen, I want to get a spotters guide and see if I can photograph all the birds in this neck of the woods. As much as I hate the Pittsburgh area and dream of Arizona, I must admit, come spring there are just tons of different birds that come through this area. After nearly 20 years in the photo business (very late 60's to mid 80,s) I'm ashamed to say that this shot is on "auto everything" LOL. Lots of reading to do, but I think I will enjoy this camera (Nikon 7100 gotta love Costco) once I figure out all the buttons. When I was in the business it was all 4x5 and 8x10, I can count on one hand how many times I used a 35mm SLR.

We have millions of birds here Tim, millions of sparrows and millions of pigeons.

Actually a few moments ago, a male quail of a variety I have not seen here before, walked along the wall calling out for his mate. The Roadrunners are a kick. The curved bill thrashers have a incredible repertoire of tunes, the Pinon Jays fly in large gregarious groups with a very pleasant chattering, Oriels, hawks, many types of owls including Great Horned Owls, crested Titmouse, and hundreds of other species. I think Arizona must have a bird or two as well.

Well, I remember my first Photos taken with my very first and only digital camera.. Hopefully I can share few of them here. It was in 2010 i think, but I still keep them..
    Attachment 103779 Attachment 103780