Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question New user first post.

Hi there, I have been using Web designer 10 premium since its release and like it alot. The possibilities appear endless and only restricted by the users ideas. I fully appreciate that like most WYSIWYG programs there are limitations but the main cause of me spending a lot of time trying to produce a good functional 'responsive' website is me trying to work out what size variants and how many to use to get a nice 'responsive' effect on a Desktop, an Ipad size device and on a smartphone size device respectively. I have tried 480px, 960px and 1580px respectively on 3 variants plus a few variations of these sizes but although the result is okay it never really looks proper full screen on the Ipad. The desktop appears okay and full screen. My question is, what would be the best variant sizes to use and how many variants would I have to use to get a good result on most devices.(I want my websites to appear full screen and mostly fill the screens without any gaps showing if at all possible. Thanks for any responses in advance.

Default Re: New user first post.

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Check back in a bit and I am sure you'll get some good suggestions.

I just do a normal size, about 1000 pix and a small version 480 pix.

But there are others who like to do a tablet size variant as well.

You can always make the background and the pasteboard the same colour or blend together such that a viewer would not realise there isn't a full fit.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I do what Gary does.
    Main is about 1000, and the mobile is 480.
    The main site looks fine on both full tablets and ipad mini.
    The 480 looks fine on phones.

Thanks Gary,Merlin and Acorn for the good advice. I have been trying those ideas and results are looking promising so far. Using same colours for page and paste backgrounds and full width headers,footers etc does give a more 'full width' effect. I am finding that lots of 'trial,testing and sheer perseverance' is paying dividends but like all systems these things take time. Will persevere and be back on here for my next questions soon,cheers thalco