Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro X9 PNG transparant background is gone!!!! Pls Help

Hallo!
    Ben zelf ook Dutchie al woon ik in Zweden
    Hi,
    Am Dutch myself although living in Sweden

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro X9 PNG transparant background is gone!!!! Pls Help

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Not really certain what you mean by the slice on the guide layer.

Mike
    I meant i want to use guide layer the same way slices work in Photoshop . By placing several rectangular shapes with a special naming there that would be working like slices in Photoshop. It's a very convenient way for a number of things.

I understand I could export any bitmap object directly but it's not what i want.

You'll need to create a wish-list item for this because Xara products don't do the slice exporting like Photoshop.

I wouldn't hold my breath about the wish, though. I seriously doubt that Xara will accommodate the request as their present method works and regardless that it can be seen as a work-flow improvement, they have their own ideas about our productivity.

It looks more like a bug rather than something for a wish list. I remember it worked just fine some time/version ago .

Maybe one more critical feature they killed for some uncertain reason. I don't see possible workaround for exporting a part of the whole document as png

I totally agree with Mike, there does not appear to be a slice in your file.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

There is one marked as a slice in names library . The one in the guide layer. It just does nothing, an empty png while it should render all the things behind it.

there may be something wrong with the rectangle - it has linear fill, not sure if that would throw it, but quite possibly - if I make another named one it seems to export with the detail from the bitmap [assuming this is what you meant]

edit - the linear fill does not show on the guide layer of course - but if you select it and go to the fill tool, or copy it to a normal layer, you will find it has one
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

No., i tried flat fill, no fill . no difference. But somehow I was able to render a png from a part of document a few times too. Still can't figure out this puzzle why it worked sometimes and doesn't most of a time .

Do somebody know a way to crop document itself to match a certain square shape like in Illustrator ?

Is this what you're trying to achieve, a mainly transparent png?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sliced.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	102880  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by KIR23 View Post
    Still can't figure out this puzzle why it worked sometimes and doesn't most of a time

well probably the simple answer to that is if the export/copy png has a colour depth of 'true colour' it will pick up detail from behind, and if it has a colour depth of 'true colour plus alpha' transparency is preserved and it won't [pick up]

the default tends to 'true colour plus alpha' but some settings, if changed, will remain for the session

the setting is in the export dialog box here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	out.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	102881

there are various ways to crop a document all in the documentation, and the help videos too I think, though it's a while since I watched them

you can look it up under:
    crop [photo tool - bitmap only]
    intersect shapes [under combine shapes]
    clipview

but there is no 'document' in xara, just objects and a 'page area'
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...