Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro X9 PNG transparant background is gone!!!! Pls Help

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Is this what you're trying to achieve, a mainly transparent png?
    Yes, exactly. And I need to replicate the same cropped export from 3 pages : color texture, normal map texture and specular texture with 100% position precision . I have just found I can do so if all the objects behind the slicing guide shape are selected but this is working only in very rare situation when everything are within the borders of the slicing shape.

As of exporting as "true color" it definitely works bot often I need alpha too

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro X9 PNG transparant background is gone!!!! Pls Help

Try this

Watch in HD

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

why are you using guide layers for this? what advantage does it give - incidentally I went back to ver 2 of xtreme and as far a s I can see there is no difference to the behaviour....

Edit - In see EGG has pointed this out
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by KIR23 View Post
    I don't see possible workaround for exporting a part of the whole document as png
    it's not ideal but it works to a certain degree

in the attached the map is your 'document'
    diag01: the outline of the uk is what you want to export
    send the outline to the back (diag2 is outline view)
    diag3: export the outline to png 256 colours
    diag4 is the result
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diag01.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	102891   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diag2.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	102890  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diag3.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	102889   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diag4.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	102888  

If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Thanks guys. I see the workaround but to be honest it's a lot of extra tedious routine especially in my workflow when I need to do countless exports from multiple pages after countless scale and position tweaks. I had that false impression it works due to the fact it actually works but only when you could select everything underlying and within the slice shape borders.

Besides I have just found that extra plugins don't work in Xara anymore. Like Filter forge which I use extensively to quickly ad some procedural noise scratches/details to my textures. It's really pity . Xara looks so promising and makes many things so easy over Photoshop.

I still think you are not understanding the way it works, there is nothing I have heard you say that cannot be done - but if you are going to insist on it done the photoshop way then use photoshop, that''s a no-brainer

just in case it is of any help there is in xara options general tab a 'marque object selection' option that allows you to select objects the photoshop way rather than them having to be wholly within
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

KIR23, I'm puzzed why you are wanting to slice an object in this manner in the first place. Slicing & Dicing was something that was necessary in days of yore when the internet was very slow, so one way of getting pages to load was to slice up an image so one pice would load then the next etc, but that's old hat now. Could you explain why you need all this strange slicing?

32 bit plugins don't work with the 64 bit Xara, however there's nothing stopping you running a 32 bit version of xara, manipulating your image with the 32 bit plugins an the exporting the final output for inclusion in the 64 bit version. I don't think 32 bit plug ins work on PS 64 bit either.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Besides I have just found that extra plugins don't work in Xara anymore. Like Filter forge which I use extensively to quickly ad some procedural noise scratches/details to my textures. It's really pity . Xara looks so promising and makes many things so easy over Photoshop.
    I use Filter forge sometimes and it does work. You just have to remember to lock the effect as soon as you apply it or it can cause you problems with Xara.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks guys. I see the workaround but to be honest it's a lot of extra tedious routine especially in my workflow when I need to do countless exports from multiple pages after countless scale and position tweaks. I had that false impression it works due to the fact it actually works but only when you could select everything underlying and within the slice shape borders.

I have both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of XDP9 loaded on my PC. The only reason I've uploaded the 32 bit version is so I can have access and use the plug-ins that only work with 32 bit. So your criticism has no real base. Just load both versions and the problem is gone!

I had that false impression it works due to the fact it actually works but only when you could select everything underlying and within the slice shape borders.
    you're not listening
    but use photoslop instead if it makes you happy
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.