Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 must i export all my pages with different variants ? how i can switch off ?

Hi there, sorry for my english, hope you will understand

I just have created RWD from my older website, I would like export my website in different wariants (for mobile phones), but not all (sub) pages. only approx. half of them. I could not find, how I can switch off part of my pages, to NOT be changed to "mobile variant". ... I wanna get part of them in mobile size but part of them dont. what should i do ?

thnks

Default Re: must i export all my pages with different variants ? how i can switch off ?

As far as I can tell, you cannot delete a sub-page as its main page would also be deleted.
    What you can do in the sub view is change the width of the page back to the same size of the main page.
    Then when it is viewed in different devices it stays the same size.

Acorn

P.S. Your English is fine.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: must i export all my pages with different variants ? how i can switch off ?

Hello Rut

You can edit the menu for the Mobile site separately from the main navigation bar. Open the attached file and see.

I created 5 pages with three sub pages for page 2.

For the mobile version, I deleted Sub-Page 2B and Page 3.

This does not change the navigation bar on the main site.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gwpriester; 12 July 2014 at 10:58 PM.

Gary, thanks. That didn't work for me so I'll play with your example until I understand what I did differently.

Update: on checking you are not deleting the actual pages only hiding them from access. Rut didn't want the mobile pages to be different to the main pages in some places.
    Also, if you are relying on a menu to hide the access, a design might simply have Next & Previous buttons so you would have to change how these reached pages on both variants.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yeah, unfortunately if you delete a variant page it deletes the parent page as well. I thought that you could exclude a variant page in the same way you can stop sharing content between variants, but that is not the case.