Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Parallax Scrolling

I'm in the same boat -- stopped at Flash 8. Just tested an small Flash 8/Actionscript 2 piece... a mutivariable gasoline cost calculator... and Swiffy couldn't do it... said 'Does not support Input Text', which of course is how the thing works, see link below. So it looks like we have a pretty neat tool for quickly made animations, Xara to Swiffy, and leave it at that for now. But your stacking them via Web Designer, that's elegant!

http://jon404.com/test/gas-calc.swf
    Author -- 'Drawing for Money' and 'Self-Publishing Secrets', at Jon404.com

No, any serious use of Action Script is not transferable (at present) but simple animations that Xara can produce are fine.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I am so impressed Egg. Thank you for the fine examples and information. Being able to create more than one independent
    Animation like that is wonderful.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.