Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Links open twice with Firefox 30.0

Have moved one of my sites from Developer Pro 7 to Web Designer 10 to allow automatic resizing for smaller screens. Nice. But having an odd problem with Firefox 30.0. Any external links open twice ... creating two identical tabs in the browser. Any ideas? Check www.skijumpingusa.com and click on any of the logos in the left or right columns.

Any ideas how to eliminate this and prevent it from happening in the future?

Thanks, TG ... always a good source of help!

Default Re: Links open twice with Firefox 30.0

Hi Ken, I can replicate that. It's fine in Chrome, IE and Opera. FF 30 opens two tabs and Safari opens two new windows.

Could you post your xar/web file. Just stripped back to your index page?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I've just updated to FF 30.0 and get the same.

In the web page DOM, I removed the ommousemove call (<a href="http://fasterskier.com/article/ussa-to-drop-funding-for-nordic-combined-jarrett-accepts-challenge/" target="_blank" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">read1</a>) and the double window link stopped.

No idea why.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sounds like a bug Acorn.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, guys ...

But ... what is DOM? I'm assuming the text in bold is what you removed from the code, but I have to find what creates it. Presume I'll have to do that for every link, and there are a lot of 'em. But it's either that, or revert to my previous design using XWD7 until this bug is fixed.

Egg ...

Here it is, stripped to one page, with the top carousel slide show widget removed as well. All external links exhibit the double-opening behavior.

Thanks for looking into this for me!

Ken
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ken, thank you for sharing your work.
    I have checked and get the same error in FF 27 / 29 / 30.
    If we TGers haven't seen such in versions before then the Xara variants design is more likely to be the culprit.
    I have tried your links as javascript calls (Window.Open()) and voiding these to remove the extra page but not successfully.

All that works is to remove the Open link - new window or tab property.

DOM is Document Object Model, what Xara generates for you.
    While i could code this away, it is not the solution.

I suggest you raise a Ticket with Xara.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks!!! I'll probably try killing the variant first, and if that doesn't solve it, I'll have to go back to my earlier version using XWD7 until this is fixed. I have a lot of external links, and will be increasing the number of 'em in the future. It's my practice to open all external links in a separate window, so eliminating the "New Tab or Window" is not going to work. The reason for Ver 10 was the variant for smaller screens, but that will have to wait.

As always, I appreciate the quick and helpful responses on TG ... thanks to all who pitched in!

Ken, there is a tried technique using jQuery to detect all external URLs on a page and to add a target="_blank" attribute on the fly.
    This could get you out of a hole.

The code fragment is <script>$("a[href^='http']").attr('target','_blank');</script> but it needs to be in a jQuery wrapper an a page Placeholder.

Acorn

Thanks ... will give that a try.

Have tried four times to submit a ticket, and keep getting a message about something like "cross-site forgery." I'm logged in, and the request for help is pretty straightforward, with two small attached files. Very frustrating! Is there any other way to contact Xara? I've attempted e-mailing them in the past about other issues, and have never gotten a response. Their products are wonderful, but contacting support is a challenge.