Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Importing clipart into Photo and Graphics Designer 9

Since I purchased Designer 9 I have gotten a lot of use out of it but am perplexed by something. I have tons of clipart from my old XtremePro5 that I would like to include in Designer 9 but can't figure out how. I tried just copying all the clipart from the XaraPro5 clipart folder and then pasted them into designer 9 and restarted program thinking that it would just automatically include all the new art. Not so; I got messages like can't find file, can't write into this folder. etc. I am certain that I have done this before with earlier version of Xara as I kept upgrading to newer version. That is not happening with designer 9. Any suggestions?

Manny

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Importing clipart into Photo and Graphics Designer 9

Hello Manny,

The way to import clipart from older versions is to first copy and paste the folder containing the clipart to a place on your hard drive outside of the program files (like My documents) then go into dp9 and open up the designs gallery and click Disc designs and browse to the folder you just created, click the folder to open it and click add. The program will ask you if you want to create an index for the files click yes and the program will add your folder to the designs gallery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.