Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Rounding Corners on Photo Rectangle ?

How can I round the corners of a rectangluar photo? I'm using Web Designer 10.

Tom

Default Re: Rounding Corners on Photo Rectangle ?

Draw a rounded rectangle the same size as your photo, adjust roundness of frame to suit.
    Select them both - go >arrange>combine shapes>intersect

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Draw a rounded rectangle the same size as your photo, adjust roundness of frame to suit.
    ...which will render the shape as a plain shape so you can't change the roundings or size of the rectangle...

A more proper way to do it while retaining the functions for a rectangle is; importing the photograph in your artwork, draw a rectangle with the rectangle tool (M), add rounding and than select the fill tool (G) and in the infobar choose as fill a "bitmap". Now you can select the boitmap as a fill.

Actually Michael, even if you use the method suggested by letsgofishing, you can still edit the photo. All you have done is to mask the photo in the rectangle shape.

Try the Intersect Shapes method (or Apply Clipview) and select the photo with the Fill Tool. You can still edit the photo, scale, rotate, etc.

If you Optimize the photo then the photo permanently crops to the size of the container.

it's not about editing the photo, it's about editing the rounding of the rectangle... You'll loose that if you apply the shape to the photograph as you suggest.

I personally prefer to work as Michael might be suggesting. I create a rounded rectangle first and then apply the photo as a texture fill, and not to clip a photo into a shape. I find doing so counter-intuitive to my design process.

Using XDP 9 here...so I don't know if this applies to the web products or not.

Clipping the photo to a rounded rectangle does mean one looses the ability to edit the rounded corners of such a rectangle. You don't even need to remove the clip view as just the rectangle can be selected in the layers gallery.

Once the rectangle is selected, switch to the rectangle tool and (re)adjust the corner radius.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Using XDP 9 here...so I don't know if this applies to the web products or not.

Clipping the photo to a rounded rectangle does mean one looses the ability to edit the rounded corners of such a rectangle. You don't even need to remove the clip view as just the rectangle can be selected in the layers gallery.

Once the rectangle is selected, switch to the rectangle tool and (re)adjust the corner radius.
    Exactly what I do....

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Exactly what I do....
    Up above you mentioned:
    Which isn't the same as I mentioned. Especially if one needs/wants to edit the corner radius at a later time.