Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Retrieve Xara Website after Computer Crash

Hello, my computer hard drive crashed. I have a backup of most everything saved on an external drive.

There is one website created in Xara that I do not have a backup of. At this time I have downloaded all the website pages and files from the server.

Is there a way to bring these pages and files back into Xara without rebuilding the website?

Xara: Xara Designer Pro X9

Default Re: Retrieve Xara Website after Computer Crash

So sorry to hear about your HD crash. That is such a nightmare.

You can use the File > Import Website feature.

This will get you half way. You will need to recreate anything that is on a separate layer such as mouse over buttons. But all the photos and text should come in.

Sorry there isn't.
    If you have no recovery whatsoever, you can import the text and graphics through Xara but you lose all the NavBar and mouse over actions.

Look on it as an opportunity to recreate it in the way it was to have been.

Acorn

P.S. Did it once myself so backup up to the Cloud is de rigor for me now.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you for your kindness in responding. I figured if there was a way, someone here would know.

Thankfully, it was just the one website and only 7 pages. I'm pretty good with backup, somehow I missed this one. My husband does computer repair and we often see customers that back up nothing.

Perhaps I need to take a look at the Cloud. As always, the answers and help here are much appreciated.

The simplest to do is use DropBox.

I copy onto removable media, USBs, DropBox, my own Cloud in Amazon S3 and in my ISP web space.
    DropBox is automatic, once set up, and it clone across to 4 or more pCs in different physical locations.
    Over the top, but I work from a lot of places.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I backup my .web files into a folder on the website I create.
    That way, I know where they are.

Acorn and Merlin, Good advice but at this point it is locking the barn door after the horse has been stolen.

Agreed, in this case sadly.
    Should others read the Posting, it may save them future grief.
    Fish, man eats for a day. Fishing, man lives.

Acorn

Sue - If you are still about, here's an old Xara Xone Guest Tutorial that might help as well http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest91/