Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Unable to justify

I strongly suggest opening "websitesintro.web" and working through the tutorial before attempting to do anything else.

Hi Eagle Warrior, I think I understand your problem now.

Basically there are 3 types of text types in Xara. These have developed over the years and can be difficult for new users to grasp the difference. If you'd looked at Acorns attachment you may have gained an idea regarding your problems.

So let's look at text in detail within Xara, they fall into 3 types:

1: A Text Line. This type of text is created if you're in the text tool (Big T) click on the page and then start typing. (This is what you've been doing and is leading to your problems)

2: A Text Column. This type of text is created if you're in the text tool (Big T) click and drag horizonatally, it creates a red line on which your text sits.

3: A Text Area. This type of text is created if you're in the text tool (Big T) click and drag diagonally, it creates a box that contains the text.

I can understand how a new user can become very confused between the 3 and the actual need for the 3 types. In fact I wonder if the first option, a Text Line coundn't be retired?

Please also try to understand that TG forum members are trying their best to help you, respond to their posts/attachments and supply xar or web files as attachments that are causing you problems.

So all that said perhaps this video will help you understand:

Watch in HD
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Justification only works if you have 2 or lines of text or more - are you trying to justify 1 line or multiple lines?

Because the magnet appears and red lines [object snapping] I guess there are individual lines of text which won't justify as letsgo says
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64