Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default I need to create some "multiple winning bid" icons... any clipart suggestion?

Hi

I need to create some "multiple winning bid" icons.

I was thinking of using a device of say 3 (or 5) champagne bottles popping open.
    Either that or a series of round shiny plastic 3D-looking chips each with a large tick on them...

Either way can anyone suggest
    A)where I might get some good free clipart and
    B) how I might import it?

Background
    I have found the Designs Gallery, and I have got it to download, but I cant get the "Find" tool to work. It can't even find things that I can see that is has.
    e.g. I can see that "Red Car" but if l select the folder "Example Illustrations" and then go to "More" ==> "Find" ==> and I then type "car" into the "Find gallery item..."
    Nothing happens! Where are these results *supposed *to appear?

One thing that puzzles me do I need to download all the designs in their entirety in order to do a text search across them.

Sorry for newbie-level question...

J

Default Re: I need to create some "multiple winning bid" icons... any clipart suggestion?

I never use actual clipart, though I do a general Google search for images of whatever "clipart" I plan to create as resource material (for ideas), then I create it from scratch in Xara, or like for your champaign bottles idea, I'd create that in 3D, then finish it in Xara. 3D looking poker chips would be pretty easy to create using 3D extrusions in Xara of colored circles.

Default Re: I need to create some "multiple winning bid" icons... any clipart suggestion?

Here is a link to some public domain clip art, don't know if will help or not. Like Gamerprinter I mostly do the same as him if in doubt about what something looks like.

http://www.pdclipart.org/

To import the image or images you first need to get it on your machine, then from the file menu select import and navigate to where you have it stored and select it and open. If you want to multiple images at the same time, select one then press ctrl and select any additional images you want.

Adding them to your fill gallery is a similar procedure, but, you must have them all you want in a folder, then at the top press disk fills, navigate to the folder where they are located press add then create and a new folder will be added to your fill gallery, these will only be thumbnails which act as shortcuts (hope I'm not mistaken about that shortcut part) to the images and the actual folder and images will remain in it's original location but there will be a XaraInfo folder added.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.