Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What happened to my image? (pics)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	copper calls text.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	102419
    I created the above image using Photo and Graphics 9 and saved it as a PNG file.

I added this image to one of my webpages in Sitebuilder, my yahoo web designer. It looked just like the first image in the design tool. When I uploaded it... well, you can see how it looked below... What happened? The original image had a nice fade effect that extended well beyond the text. What actually appeared on my website shows no fade effect, just a harsh edged photo under the text. ???
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web page.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	102420

I loved the way the image saved (first pic), but am really disappointed in the way it loaded to my site. I saved the second pic as a jpeg with my snipping tool from my actual website.

Default Re: What happened to my image? (pics)

Not 100% sure if this is the issue or not but your 1st image is a png with alpha (transparency) your 2nd image is a jpg that doesn't support transparency, so you get the light brown background.

Update: Sorry I was wrong, your 1st image is a png without Alpha. Try exporting it again as a png WITH Alpha.

Further Edit: Although your 1st post is reported in the forum as a 800 x600 38kb PNG it actually loads a n image copper calls text.jpg. Go figure?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I too am guessing you didn't save your PNG as containing an alpha channel. That said, I think you ought to place a beige background (as you use in your website) as a test before exporting it. You may find they semi-transparency appears differently than you want since your graphic in Xara has a white background - its going to look different against a beige background - perhaps negatively so. The faded image requires the white of the background to look as it currently does, the beige will change it drastically.

I know that when I design an image with semi-transparency to be used as a T-shirt transfer logo, if placed on a white shirt, it looks great. However, placing it onto a darker colored shirt either works poorly, or doesn't work at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post

Further Edit: Although your 1st post is reported in the forum as a 800 x600 38kb PNG it actually loads a n image copper calls text.jpg. Go figure?
    that may be because it was uploaded as a png that is larger than the forum size limit - when that happens it is automatically reduced and when that happens it is also converted to a jpeg

problem could be something in the way HTML handles transparency, but I'm guessing, not really my field
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...