Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Masks

Default Masks

Sorry, I have been away from Xara Graphics for awhile and forgot almost everything. Anyway, I used to use the mask tool to trace an object, then delete the background, but cannot find the mask tool anymore, just the mask painter (V9 Pro).

Is there any way I can use or find the old mask tool? The painter does not work too well on the project I am working on and I need to trace with the pen tool or the shape tool, but cannot seem to use them with the mask painter.

Thank you

Oops, I guess this should have been posted in the Xara Graphics thread.
    Last edited by BeanPole; 15 June 2014 at 02:28 AM.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Masks

Hi Beanpole, welcome back. I have moved this thread into the Xara Graphics Chat area for you.

In version 9 the old mask tool has been replaced by the mask and region painter tools, but you can still use any of the drawing tools to create a complex mask or region. However if you are wanting to remove the background V9 has a great new background erase feature that works very well. I made a video some time ago that shows how to remove the back ground in DP 9 but if you want to mask an area by tracing just trace with the pen tool or the shape tool (formerly the shape editor) and when your shape is complete cut it to the clipboard (ctrl +x) and then select the mask painter tool (or the region painter) and ctrl + shift +v to paste in place.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Masks

Thank you Angelize

I will check out the video!