Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Opening Pages within frames on separate Pages

I have an image gallery (for my design templates) Each grouping is actually a separate page in my site that opens in a frame on another page.

I need to call my main page (template) from an href tag and have the frame load a specific page of my site.

I was using this code in my "link to Web or Email address" section of my site
    Code:
    ./banners templates.htm?framepage=./banners political.htm
    but it stopped working (would not load the "banners political.htm" page in the frame on"banners templates.htm" page.) It would just load the "banners templates.htm" page with the default frame page.

As this is all called via a link on a completely separate page, I need code that I can use in the link section (and preferably an href section in a placeholder) to 1, open my main templates page and 2 adjust the default page in "myframe" (the name of the frame on the templates page) to one of my choosing (a separate page on my site.)

Example:
    Site has 5 pages
    page 1 is the main page (where the link is on)
    Page 2 is a Templates Page containing a Frame named "myframe"
    pages 3-5 are image pages to load into page 2 "myframe"

I need a link on page 1 to open page 2 and load page 4 in the "myframe" section of the page
    I will want code that this will work every time so if they do it 2 times in the same session, it will still load properly (which doesn't seem to be the case now with the following code.
    Code:
    href="./banners templates.htm?framepage=./banners holidays.htm"
    Any help will be really nice.

Default Re: Opening Pages within frames on separate Pages

Well it can be done, but adding JavaScript to your pages to achieve this is not trivial, very specific and not easily scalable.

If pages 3 to 5 are the same size and fit into the page 2 frame, i would suggest you conbine page 2 and 4 into the MouseOver and MouseOff layers and ass 3 and 5 on separate layers to the newly merged page 2.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Opening Pages within frames on separate Pages

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host