Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Image Slider or Carousel Issues

I have and image slider which is working perfectly as a separate page, but when embedded within a placeholder, it only has partial functionality.

It uses jquery to cycle the images with 2 js files and my own js written in the header. Works partially but not fully.

I prefer my slider to the ones I have found in the gallery for the reasons that I can add template links on the slides as well as customize the styling of the slider.

I do not necessarily want to Iframe the slider in, but that also may be a possibility.

Attached is the slider code in a .txt file (html files didn't load on my account)

I have also attached a .web example of how I am using a placeholder (only pager seems to cycle but no buttons or image rotation works as they do in the html code before the use of the placeholder.)

Any help will be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Image Slider or Carousel Issues

Hi please try selecting to edit the widget and going to the HTML code (body) tab

replace <div id="hero"> with <div id="hero" class="xr_noreset"> and this should solve the problem

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bb2 View Post
    Hi please try selecting to edit the widget and going to the HTML code (body) tab

replace <div id="hero"> with <div id="hero" class="xr_noreset"> and this should solve the problem

thanks
    Thank you. This worked perfectly. I my testing I also found that if the file type exported is changed from htm to html (I changed a test on notepad) the slider also began to work.

This fix is much easier though. Thanks

The index file that is created by the slider program is probably named index.html and the script you pasted into the placeholder references index.html. Xara, by default exports index.htm.

You can change this by naming your home page index.html, or saving (publishing) with the name index.html.