Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: making movies

Default making movies

I have recently purchased XARA 3D Maker, and want to know how to export animations in avi HD 1440-1028.

I don't know either, how to make movies longer, or in other words how to change the time of the initial show.

Any help?

Default Re: making movies

Welcome to TalkGraphics snafuwanleg. I looked but there is seems to be no way to save as HD that I could see. However you can do everything else you want. From the file menu export animation and select avi.To get the size you want, when you export your animation from the popup select user defined and use the top row of number keys not the numb pad to change the numbers. Color depth I'm not sure about but it seems to me true color might be best.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saving.png 
Views:	286 
Size:	158.7 KB 
ID:	102265Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scr size.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	102266
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Which avi codec you use?, I am using Cinepak por Radius, and has a different popup window than you show, mine has on the left : Current Window Size (selected), and Crop (no selected), then below: Width: 1058 and Heigth: 490, True Color: 24 bit.
    In the next window: Avi Options, there are: Codec Cinepak por Radius and options are: Quality: 100%, Key Frame every-> 60 frames.

And tha's all, may be I have to change the codec, again, Which one you use?

Codec Cinepak by Radius and options are: Quality: 100%, Key Frame every-15 frames.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	avi.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	102268
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thank you for your help, so, what do I have to do to set the time of the show at my convenience?

I don't know, so I have asked the mod of this forum to see if he can help.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

This was an interesting exercise to follow up. I had made a screensaver a few years ago for one of my spinny badges, and spent a lot of time getting the best quality I could, with the largest output to fit my then screen resolution of 1440x900, then later 1920x1080. I ended up using the Microsoft Video 1 codec, set to 100% quality, and leaving the rest of the settings. This was for .scr, but .avi works the same way using the same codec.

Getting the right screen size output was tricky, but only because my badge had invisible sizing pixels (matt black, on a black background) which effectively formed the bounding box for the badge, so the visible image was actually smaller that the screen size anyway, because I'd have a black border.

When you export the animation Xara3d gives you the option of using the frame size in use in Xara3d which you can crop, or setting a user size. I used the user size, because the frame size is limited by the Xara3D scroll bars and other windows furniture. In effect for full screen HD just set 1920x1080 in the user settings to output the animation at full size if your screen resolution supports it. Xara3D has a limit on export of 2000x2000. My badge is much taller than it is wide, so I actually set 1024x1080, and that works fine. Bear in mind that large resolutions with lots of frames will give large filesizes.

If you don't need to use the full screen you will need to experiment what gives you the most suitable output.

Not sure what you mean re time of show. You are basically creating a set of animation frames enclosed in avi format, so duration will be set by number of frames per second times the number of frames for a full cycle. You can loop an avi in Windows media player, but that is an option of that application, not the of the avi itself. It sounds like you are asking about options that would really depend on the avi player, rather than Xara3D.

Mike

PS meant to add that my file size ended up at 23.5M for 90 frames at that resolution of 1024x1080.

Thank you simsmj. Hope that helps him.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Just for further information, although the MSV-1 codec offers 100% quality, it still does a great job in compressing the content, as compared with the Uncompressed codec. The file I mentioned in my post was around 23.5M using the MSV-1 codec, but comes out at 292M with the Uncompressed codec. It looks very clean, and also brighter than the MSV-1 version, and my machine seems to have no problem rendering it, so it has become my new screensaver version now.

Mike

OK SIMSMJ, thank you for your answer.

I've read and follow your advice, and gotten the possibility of set the time longer than 1minute, but limiting the possibilities of resolution and speed of the show, so that, it makes difficult to be used in movies, if it's going to be implemented or embedded as a clip.

What I don't still understand, is why this application has no any option to set the time of the show, to meet user needs, because it always produces a show of 1 minute long, and should be set at user will.

Unless you've found other solution.