Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It has to be number 3 or 4, though the shadow on 4 will look 'mucky' in my experience once printed, particularly if done on an inkjet.
    These two do look nicely 'grown up'though.

derek

I hope everyone goes through these threads so as to see my very sincere thank you! :-)

Louis - Thanks so much, I agree, I took off the shadow and the bevel on number 1"cheswick christian academy Serving God" I like it a lot more now. I think it's stronger.

Mickie - The school goes from pre-school through High School. My Daughter is big 13, 8th grade.

Egg - My biggest fear is that the school will see one of the thank you notes and want to use it as they don't have any logo now. I don't have a clue what to do if that happens. If it does, check the forum, I'll be begging for help.
    I've attached what I will be showing my client er wife!
    As I mentioned I changed number one, I applied the contour glow from the new workbook (thanks Gary!!) to number 2, Number three I elongated the font. I don't really believe in modifing existing fonts, but my skill level is not there for making my own, for example if you change the C how then should the A look? I kept number 4 the same I like the shadow there. Number 5 is with the traditional shadow, I don't like it as much. As for me I really like number 2 the best, it was my favorite before the glow, but now I really think it shines. number 4 was a close 2nd.
    I'll let you know what she picks if anyone is interested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ccatest.png 
Views:	270 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	17366  

personally i like 5 the best

I think #4 for the layout and colours, but with the CCA from #1. Perhaps with a slightly darker blue.

BUT.......try this Tim.

Make the Holy Cross White, but put that glow from the NEW #5 behind it (in my belief system, violet is the color of the 7th Chakra, which is on the crown of the head (halo)) and then take the colors from the NEW #5 and apply them to the fonts of #4 and get rid of the shadow on the fonts, then maybe reduce the size of the fonts down a few points and reposition them. I think that will be really super looking.

If not, I still like #4!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I have to go with #4 at this point.

Try this with #2:

1 - Make the cross smaller, so that the width equals the total width of the large lettering. This should bring the bottom of the cross up.

2 - Drop the bottom lettering below the level of the bottom of the cross. Also, make it less bold.

I like the versions 2,3,5,6, but the bottom lettering is somewhat obscured by the cross. #6 is the best of that bunch for readability.

Nice designs!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Eye Site Web Design
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll