Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Slide Transitions - Flash Altrenatives

I notice WD10 is out...might be time to upgrade my WD6.

My question is - Im feeling that Flash on websites is becoming outdated, the lack of compatibility with mobile devices.
    Does WD10 offer some sort of alternative to a flash slideshow which would be compatible with mobile devices?

Default Re: Slide Transitions - Flash Altrenatives

All Xara slideshows are DHTML - not flash - and work on mobile devices.
    WD10P now also offers RWD versions of your site.

I think slideshow was the wrong way to put it.
    Not a gallery slideshow, but a flash series of photos say. Ive done these using flash in the past but is there now a better alternative?

How are you creating these Flash series of photos? What app are you using to create them? An alternative is to import your swf's into Google Swiffy and have this program convert the swf to html but beware there are limitations.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Ive created the flash slideshows in WD its self

But since flash doesnt work on mobile devices your just left with blank boxes unless you view the site on a pc.

So what is the alternative which will run on mobile devices?

Like the hmv site is one example: http://www.hmv.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Megg81 View Post
    I think slideshow was the wrong way to put it.
    Not a gallery slideshow, but a flash series of photos say. Ive done these using flash in the past but is there now a better alternative?
    I've just been to HMV and that looks jst like a Nivo slider to me....

Is there some feature within WD10 which is capable of creating a similar effect (ie is it worth me upgrading) and are there other tools similar to Nivo Slider which can be used with WD?

Quote Originally Posted by Megg81 View Post
    Is there some feature within WD10 which is capable of creating a similar effect (ie is it worth me upgrading) and are there other tools similar to Nivo Slider which can be used with WD?
    I've got version 9 - Nivo slider is in it. There are a number of other slide shows as well.
    Why not download the trial version of WD10 to have a look at....
    http://www.xara.com/us/products/

An alternative is to import your swf's into Google Swiffy and have this program convert the swf to html but beware there are limitations.
    If Swiffy converts it they will work on any device
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for your replies.

I've looked at hi slider too and looks very impressive, downloaded the free version (which can be used for personal use) to try it out.

I'll take a look at swiffy. Its just a pain when you see those white rectangles!

p.s... Nivo is included in WD9? is it also in WD10? because V9 doesn't seem to be available for sale