Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help!! I really want a "gallery split" effect...

Hi everyone, I am using Xara Web Designer 10 Premium to create a website for my uncle's company. Now I am thinking adding a new effects to the "products" pages. Let me describe it.

There are lots of products listed in one page, for example, lots of pictures form a gallery. When I click one picture, I don't want the picture shows pop-up, instead the gallery split in between! And I can write some properties of this products there. I don't know how to call it... so I drew a picture:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3849.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	102198

Hope someone can understand what I mean, and give me some suggestions! Really appreciate.

Default Re: Help!! I really want a "gallery split" effect...

Basically the way that Google image search works? I think you'd need a lot of javascript to achieve this effect and I can't really see the point, I'm not a lover of the way google presents these images.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Oh, yes! yes, it's exactly what I dream for! The way "google image" shows the results -- I want the same way to show my products!

Can Xara WD do that? (without Java knowledge...)

No. Not as far as I'm aware but someone may have a method of doing it.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Impressionism   Google Search.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	102205

Can Xara make the gallery effect like this??

See my answer above. Someone may have a javascript code to do it but I doubt it and even if so can you edit that javascript?
    Egg

Oh, thanks for your answer. And I take seriously about your answer, now I am reading how to embed javascript in XARA WD.

I can't use it for now. But if the javascript is the only solution, I can learn it. Then I can edit it in one week or two maybe.

I post the picture because I want more people see it, may be someone can make brainstorm and get up to another solution..