Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Why can't I draw an unbroken line?

I'm evaluating WD10 and I need to draw my own page header (button bar?) for corporate appearance reasons. I've ungrouped a sample design which had a dashed line running through it and which I deleted.

Now when I try to draw a straight, unbroken line all I get is dashed lines. Same result with curved or straight lines. I can change colour, add / remove arrow-heads, change the width (which also changes the size of the dashes and spaces), but there is absolutely no way I can find to change the line attributes to unbroken / not dashed. It's driving me nuts

Can anyone guide me please?

I also use CorelDraw and changing line attributes in it is done with an extra little window in the the arrow-head selector between the start and end arrow selectors. I think we need that in WD10!

Default Re: Why can't I draw an unbroken line?

Try - Utilities-Options and un-tick give new objects most recent attributes
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

You are a genius! Thanks heaps.

This does raise the question though: How do I draw a dashed line when I actually want one?

line gallerey - dash patterns - select the one you want and press the apply button and it will set it as line default - make sure when you do this you have nothing selected in the workspace or it will apply the dash to that object instead

Edit - that applies to xara designer - I do not actually know if there is a line gallery in web designer...

Unhappy Re: Why can't I draw an unbroken line?

There isn't a line gallery as such in WD10, but you gave me a good clue. Thanks for that.

Eventually I found there are some pre-drawn lines in Designs Gallery / Page Elements & Widgets / Graphic Elements / Divider Lines. I just can't imagine why I couldn't find that before ... although there is the fact that it's not mentioned in the help file.

There's also the complication that you can't actually get at them when you're on a 30 day evaluation, yet the program will pick up attributes from an existing element. This has been a good lesson.

Was going to say "Oh yes there is", but I see only WD10 premium has it
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64