Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default gpx files to download from website

Hello,

I have a website with several trail maps on it and I would love to add a button/link that allows users to download gpx files to put into their Garmin devices.

I can create a link to a file without an issue in Xara no problem and when I connect it to a .kml file it will give the option to save file rather than open it, but the kml file is not compatible with Garmin devices. The problem with the .gpx files are that they will just show the coding rather than giving the option to download the .gpx file when you click on the link, I also tried using .crs format and got the same result as using the .gpx format.

Does anyone know of a work-a-round so I can have people directly download a gpx file that they can then upload to a Garmin?

I am using Web Designer MX Premium (Version 8).

Thanks,

Kelly

Default Re: gpx files to download from website

you could try zipping them maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    you could try zipping them maybe?
    That will work, simple, yet brilliant! Thank you for the advice, much appropriated.

I am trying to make this as user friendly as possible especially for people who are not super comfortable with computers, for the masses.

- Thanks, Kelly

you are welcome - simple solutions are often the best

You can add a description of the map file and then Click Here to Download. Link to the ZIP file which you need to manually add to the root directory for your website.

So if your file name is SandiaMap.zip and your website is mymaps.com then the link will be mymaps.c0m/SandiaMap.zip