Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default configuring upload of .me domain

It looks like Xara doesn't want to upload my .me domain. Any way to fix this?

Default Re: configuring upload of .me domain

Can you connect using Filezilla or any other FTP utility?

yes. The FTP program allows uploading fine. It's a bit tedious though for a few reasons that are hard to describe here, but I'll try.

For whatever reason when I make the changes in the XARA program, even when I refresh the source folder using the FTP program it doesn't "take" the refresh and I have to go back to XARA and attempt to upload the new, altered page. THEN i can go back to the FTP program, refresh the source folder and upload to the server. PLUS When I upload the the htm folder for the new .web file, it appears that I need to overwrite each individual element within the file (i have no idea what happened to my "overwrite all" option). That's going to get hairy really quickly, especially considering this will be a graphics- and content-heavy website. I'd rather not have to keep up with that.

Mike - What product and version are you using? Your profile does not list any product so it is hard to know how to advise.

Uncheck Fast Publish (Only Changed Files) in Website Properties > Publish to force a republish of the whole site.

And if nobody has a solution here, file a support ticket at http://support.xara.com

I'm using WD 7 Premium.

Unchecking the fast publish elicits the same behavior. I think the program may not be set to recognise .me as a domain. Still, I have to attempt (and fail at) the upload withing XARA before I can go to the FTP program and refresh the data/content from the source folder. It feels like that's when the new version of the .web file is made "active" (after I attempt to upload it through XARA). THEN after I do that, I can refresh and upload via FTP.

I think I'll write to support and see what shakes.

You can have any domain you want, as long as the FTP details are correct Xara should publish.

If you can't publish, let us know what error message is coming up and generating a log file would be handy:

http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...articleid=2836

Thanks. It's timing out. When I press publish the uploading box appears, but the site never connects and times out. I've used the same credentials as I did when setting it in the FTP program, so I'm not sure why it's not connecting. I'll delete the profile and set up a new publishing profile and see.

If that doesn't work I'll try to get the log file.

I'm using WD 7 Premium.
    When you get a moment can you update your profile to include WD 7 Premium? Thanks

Quite often if you try to publish to a domain name like ftp.myDomainName.me you also need to add the sub folder which contains your site. It may be www or public_html, so you may try ftp.myDomainName.me/www/ or ftp.myDomainName.me/public_html/
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg. I have the subdomain already in there. /www/nameofwebsite.me

In fact, I checked the setting on this site and compared it to the gazillion other sites I'm working on and uploading without problems. Everything is identical in terms of how the "publish" tab is filled out. This is the first time I've used a domain other than .com or .org, though.