Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Exclamation What Am I Missing? Exported JPEG Does Not Reflect Work

I bought this to design book covers. Previously was using Roxio with an XP system. Upgraded to Win 8.1 and had to get a new program. So, here's what I'm doing. I start a new portrait, insert a photo, select the background color of the portrait so that I have a nice title border, then insert my text.

This is what I see:

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/...creenshot1.png

This is what I get when exporting to JPEG:

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/...ni/Covsq-1.jpg

WHY? No matter what I search in Help or change or alter, the picture aligns to the Text. I cannot submit a cover with Text aligned to the top. Why is my background disappearing?

Default Re: What Am I Missing? Exported JPEG Does Not Reflect Work

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Your post was moderated because you are a brand new member and you have posted links. But as your links are relevant to your question I have let them remain.

Here's what I do, and I have created a book cover (Designer Pro X9) http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IRNT788#reader_B00IRNT788, create a rectangle the size of your book cover. Don't forget to add bleed.

Then build your cover over this rectangle.

Select all and then export.

my guess is that you selected the text and then exported. In that case Xara will default to export the selected items and so will crop your artwork. Be sure to select nothing, or draw a non filled rectangle that outlines the exported area and select that, and then export as JPG

Oh, and welcome aboard! I think you made a good choice when you choose Xara

Ah, thank you. I can see where the selection has made the difference, even if an outline is used.

Also, tried the rectangle method and copied the elements over. Worked great.

Thanks!

That's why we're here.

Emmeric there is no need to actually dray a line around the whole thing just use the selector tool and drag select everything you want included. Just to make sure you got it all select export and you can see what you are exporting. You might have to click the zoom to fit magnifying glass to see it all but this way you can be sure you are getting all of it and that it looks correct.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

As long as you have graphics content all the way to edge of your intended page size, you don't even have to have it selected, it should export fine. However, if you do have it selected, you need to insure everything (all the way to your border edge) is selected. The only time I actually select the graphic at export is if I intentionally don't want the entirety exported, just a specific selected area.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    As long as you have graphics content all the way to edge of your intended page size, you don't even have to have it selected, it should export fine. However, if you do have it selected, you need to insure everything (all the way to your border edge) is selected. The only time I actually select the graphic at export is if I intentionally don't want the entirety exported, just a specific selected area.
    Correct, however I personally rarely change my page size just to fit whatever I am working on at the time although doing so has it's advantages at times.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.