Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default XDPX9 Main toolbar

I accidentally dragged the main toolbar so that it became a floating one. I'm trying to put it back. According to help just moving it back to the side ought to dock it, but it doesn't. I can add it to the toolbars along the top, but not on the left where it originallywas. I've tried deleting it and reinstating it, but still no go. Am I going mad?

Default Re: XDPX9 Main toolbar

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reset.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	102150  

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

first by main toolbar do mean the bar that usually shows along the left hand side where all your main tools like drawing tools photo tool etc normally reside? If so by dragging it back to the side you should see the outline get thinner when it does drop it so that the top of it is over the tabs bar and it should dock and the tabs should move along.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Hi Angelize. Yes I do mean the main tools. If I do as you suggest it does insert itself at the top in a row all it's own, but I want back on the side where it was.

Gary I did go for a rest but got a warning message that I would lose my current bar configuration which I assume means I will lose any customizations I have made (i.e. buttons I have added, etc). Is that so? If so it's a hell of a price just to reset the toolbar to stock.

Yes Jim, the Reset is a great option but does set everything back to the default and you can lose a lot of your own personalised layout, as you state. Do what Frances suggests first.

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Just to add to Egg's video explanation if you make sure to resize your toolbar back down to a single column and make sure the top of the column is over the tabs bar the tabs will move along and the toolbar will reset in place without the extra small tab at the top of the tool bar.

edit: this will work without resizing just make sure that when the outline changes shape that the top of the outline is over the tabs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Many thanks again Egg & Angelize. Sadly, no matter what I tried it wouldn't go back on the side. I don't know whether it had something to so with the fact that I had disabled the Xara UI or something. Anyway I could move it up to the top and have it in amongst all the other toolbars but not on the side. So in the end I had to do a reset. Mercifully I had saved the configurations in XaReg so I got things back the way I had them before.

Thanks again for taking the time to try and help me out.

if it happens again try dragging the toolbar from the right side [edit: ie clicking the mouse on the far right of the bar to drag] over to the bottom left of the workspace until it almost disappears - you should get the outline that shows it will dock to the side - if not it may be a UI thing

if you drag too close to the tabs it may default the wrong way [for you]

it's too late now but if you have galleries harder to dock set in Xareg, I wonder if that might have something to do with it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Call me cynical if you like, but I'm inclined to believe it's a bug.

I'm not a fan of the Xara UI and the first thing I do with any new release is switch back to Windows (actually I don't like basic Windows either, so I still use Windowblinds!). But I disabled everything and still couldn't get the toolbar to dock on the side. I didn't bother switching back to the Xara UI as that would have lost all my settings anyway so just opted for the control bar reset and the the XaReg reload, which thankfully put everything back to normal.