Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Invisible PNG

Question Invisible PNG

Hello, i want know how to make background of the PNG invisible.(i dont want how in photoshop)

Default Re: Invisible PNG

Welcome to TalkGraphics

What program do you want to use to make the background transparent.

difficult to say without seeing the png, and without knowing what program you are using

you have posted this in the graphics chat forum, not a specific program forum and your user profile says you do not use xara software...

paint.net

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalfly View Post
    paint.net
    http://forums.getpaint.net

Unless someone here uses paint.net, you may get better answers on their forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalfly View Post
    Hello, i want know how to make background of the PNG invisible.(i dont want how in photoshop)
    1. In Paint.net, you choose File>New and then set the final size of the image you want surrounded by transparency. I don't see a crop tool in Paint.net, perhaps there is, but this is why you choose your final output size from the get-go.

2. On the Layers panel, create a new layer (the first button on the bottom).

3. Paint away on this new layer. At any time now, click the Background layer to select it on the Layers palette, and then click the red X button at the bottom of the Layers panel to get rid of it.

4. You now have a drawing surrounded by transparency. File>Save As>PNG, click the Save button to go to the Save Configuration box, and then choose 32-bit or Auto as Export method. Images are 24 bit usually, and a 32-bit image is basically a 24 bit with an additional 8 to hold the transparency mask.

This will work, but as Handrawn and Mike pointed out,Gandalfly, this is a predominantly Xara software forum, so this advice is on the house , but it would be a really good idea if you stepped up to a Xara product. Making PNGs with transparency is a snap—IOW a no-brainer, and you can try out any of the packages, especially Xara Graphics and Photo Designer totally free for 30 days. Then you tell me that it doesn't put Paint.net to shame.

Microsoft has never aquired a graphics product and successfully kept it going. Look at Altamira Composer, and MS Graphics Designer (the late great Expressions). They also bought and killed off trueSpace.

Microsoft supporting a graphics product is about as trusting as loaning a stranger a twenty. And a product with zero support is just cause to start shopping for a better product and a more substantive arrangement for support.

My Best,

Gary