Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

....or is he still busy building his new house?
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

....or is he still busy building his new house?
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

This is my first time back to the forums in a very long time. The new house is finished (except for landscaping) and we are enjoying the country life. Still no snow here yet. I've yet to experience a Prince Edward Island winter.

I hope all of you have been well. It is going to take me a long time to get through all the posts since my last visit! Where I live high-speed internet isn't available. Living with dial-up after a few years with a cable modem is really difficult.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	November28_2003.jpg 
Views:	655 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	13709  

Ross! Old buddy, glad to hear you're alive and well! I've wondered what happened to you. I, too, live in the country side with no broadband, so welcome to the club! But I have a client in town fifteen minutes away, and I go and work there several days a week, where I have a good, fat connection - so I manage. And then I come home to my puny modem.

K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Welcome to Prince Edward Island Ross! One thing you'll learn about PEI is that the winters aren't as long as the spring! I live across the river from Charlottetown and have a wonderful view of ships going in and out of the Charlottetown harbour and the bright lights of the 'big' city. I guess I'm lucky to be able to live in the country and be able to get high speed internet access too here on PEI! It would be terrible listening to the BBC's Radio nan Gaidheal (Scottish Gaelic)on dialup...

This is my first time back to the forums in a very long time too - long recovery from back surgery.

Slan leibh,
    Reji Martin 2003-11-29

/|====================|\\
    The Wheel Brat
    CONSULTANT TO THE STAIRS!
    ......O
    ...../-
    ...( )\\_
    Reji Martin,

~.~.~.~PEI Canada~.~.~.~
    B'fheÃ*rr GÃ*idhlig briste na Beurla cliste.
    Better broken Gaelic than polished English.
    \\|===================|//
    ------ O
    ----- /-
    ---- ( )\\_
    The WheelBrat ~ Faisg air an Aird-a-Tuath, Canada

Would you mind posting a crude sketch or two to the design?

The depth of the house in no more than one room.

What type of roofing was applied to the area of above porch? With a minimal pitch and in that harsh winter climate would it require a "special" treatment?

Curiously :-}, John

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Hi Guys!
    Good to hear the Wheelbrat has returned to the Island. I thought you went West?? From Mermaid I too see the lights of the big city.

Klaus -- any snow where you are yet?

John -- The house isn't really as narrow as it looks in the pic. The narrow end is the stair. In an earlier posting in the 3d graphics forum I posted some early design info. What is built is similar -- the usual evolution happened during development of the construction drawings. The elevated deck has a 'Duradeck' membrane system on it. It is a 60 mil reinforced pvc membrane that has a non-slip texture. We'll have to be careful that the legs of the patio furniture don't ever punch holes in the membrane! The deck is sloped 1/4" in a foot. I'm not sure how much snow the 10'x40' deck will catch. Hopefully not much because I'll have to shovel it off! (Not because of the weight, more to avoid water backing up behind the wall shingles).

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Great to hear from you. Glad to see your settling in and ready to take up the mantle http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif
    I've only just got Broardband, and after 4 weeks couldn't do with out.
    Post a photo of the house in the first snowfall.
    Egg
    Egg

Nice to see you back. We needed your calm and decent nature here quite often lately, thanx you are back before Christmas at least! ;-)

Welcome back.

Cool looking house. I wonder who the architect was http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Enjoy!

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

<a href="http://www.xaraxone.com">
    The Xara Xone </a>